+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours...

Transfer rumours...

Garratt to Forest Green

Ray to Salford...might be a bit pie in the sky that one...although £££ talks!

Miller attracting attention of EFL clubs so probably lower L2... Vale? Crawley?

Anyone else got owt? Not heard of any rumoured incomings.

Shaun Miller would undoubtedly like to remain in range of home, having come back to his family origins with us, but not sure he could stomach the Vile! Salford might well be a good fit for George Ray - I was surprised he hadn't already signed somewhere, as you'd think he had something set up when he said no to new contract, but Salford (or someone) may have tried to poach him of course from another suitor. FG would be a strange place for Ben to go - unless he's a Vegan ....

True, true...maybe Macc for Miller then?
    Apparently Ray was meant to have agreed to sign a deal with Peterborough but that was rumoured about a month ago.
    Haha maybe Ben is vegan who knows?! But source seemed to think it was nailed on and they had a keeper on loan from Reading all of last season. They have a young lad signed from Swansea U23s and another signed from Gateshead on the books just now so it could be plausible.

Shrewsbury have sold their no.1 Steve Arnold to Northampton (wanted to be closer to family) so they are now looking for a new number one!

Miller has always got a hot reception at Vale Park after an alleged diving incident the first time he was with us, which I believe resulted in a match winning penalty. Askey might fancy him, but the fans might not. Can’t help thinking he’d be looking for someone younger to partner Pope, although he does still have the pace that Tom has always lacked!

As for Ben and George - frankly I don’t really care where they end up now they’re free agents - would think Ray will be looking for L1 or a wealthier L2 club though, but Ben might not be able to be as picky! Exeter lost their Number 1 this summer too, the excellent Pym, so they’ll be on the look of too.

That alleged dive would probably forgotten if he was to bang a few goals in for them.

Yeah, good players for us but not setting the world alight.
    Ray L1 quality technically, lets himself down with rash decisions. Averaged 1 yellow every 3 games last season. Hate the way he comes flying out to RB position trying to intercept balls played into that channel and often leaving other players exposed.
    Garratt an average 12th best in the league, 47 conceded from 45 expected goals against and 72% save percentage although not that dissimilar to Pym who was 9th best and he went to L1.

How do we feel about Richards and Will J battling for the number one spot next season? Richards seems decent and has improved under Barber, maybe just lacking positionally and Will looked pretty good in those last few games there...there was that "clanger" at Grimsby but if you watch it back Harry Davis shoves Lewis Reilly into Will which causes the drop...should have been a foul!
    Last edited by luke_358; 06-06-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Sounds like the same situation as happened at Macc when Ben was barged and dropped the ball - didn’t stop him from getting dog’s abuse from his detractors seeking any excuse to criticise him.

Personally I don’t think Trigger is as good as Ben and Will isn’t yet but may well be. His Dad was a late developer as I recall so hopefully he will too. One thing is for sure - Ben was a better prospect at 18 than Will is today... but he hasn’t fulfilled that promise. Maybe he will elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Sounds like the same situation as happened at Macc when Ben was barged and dropped the ball - didn’t stop him from getting dog’s abuse from his detractors seeking any excuse to criticise him.

Personally I don’t think Trigger is as good as Ben and Will isn’t yet but may well be. His Dad was a late developer as I recall so hopefully he will too. One thing is for sure - Ben was a better prospect at 18 than Will is today... but he hasn’t fulfilled that promise. Maybe he will elsewhere.
    True yeah he does have his critics who will jump at the chance to put him down. He does seem to have regressed somewhat over the years but has to be commended for making the no.1 spot his own during a difficult period for the club on and off the field and being pretty consistent. Distribution and commanding his area just haven't improved at all really...Trig and Will both pretty good in those areas.

So do we think Bowery's contract offer will be withdrawn any day soon!

Any rumours about Perry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast