+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Main joins Aberdeen

Wink Main joins Aberdeen

Aberdeen have given Curtis Main a two year deal

I hope he takes a pile of money off them!

No doubt he'll bag a few against us next season for them.

He was a player I was a fan of and it's a pity things didn't work out for him last season, but there's definitely a player in there. He is not an out and out goalscorer but he is a good, physical forward player who is capable of being a good foil for a goalscoring striker but he never got the opportunity to play alongside such a player in his time here, rather he was paired with Conor Sammon and then Ryan Bowman which was no benefit to anyone.

I'll be forever grateful to him for his performance against Aberdeen at Hampden in the Scottish Cup in 2018 when he was absolutely immense. Not only did he score twice but he absolutely ragdolled their defence and played like his life depended on it. We never saw that type of performance again from him after that day sadly and his head went down a bit last season and it was the right time for him to move on so good luck to him, except against us.

Totally agree with everything LawSteelman has said, just feel no matter what he did or how he played Robinson would always substitute him. Surely couldn’t have been good for his confidence. Towards the end of the season there were games crying out for him to play in but again he was ignored. Have a worrying feeling that he will comeback to haunt us in the league or more importantly in a cup tie. He didn’t always get the credit he deserved for what I call the donkey work. In the end I think he knew his days were numbered under Robinson and Main throw the towel in

Similar worrying feeling and it will be an absolute sickener if he does indeed put us to the sword next season and prove his worth at Aberdeen as that will show that he was completed misused and mismanaged when he was here. He showed in his initial four months with us that he is a player with ability and has something to contribute and he may very well come back to haunt us in Aberdeen colours.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Similar worrying feeling and it will be an absolute sickener if he does indeed put us to the sword next season and prove his worth at Aberdeen as that will show that he was completed misused and mismanaged when he was here. He showed in his initial four months with us that he is a player with ability and has something to contribute and he may very well come back to haunt us in Aberdeen colours.
    Dons fans are underwhelmed at the Curtis Main signing, but I think that they should wait and see. If the manager uses him well, he'll do a job for them.

He'll have 8-10 goals for them by Christmas, this place will be in meltdown, he'll finish the season on 12, will fail to hit double figures in 2020/21 and be freed.

Like those above, his performance at Hampden in the semi-final will live in the memory forever but for all he can play well, he's by no means brilliant. And even if he does a job for Aberdeen, he's a player we just couldn't afford to carry - he's not a Moult who justifies creating the whole system around him to play two up front and while there are circumstances you can live with a striker who never scores, they are rare and certainly do not apply to us now.

Your spot on with the numbers there. He's done that at every club he's been at. I don't think we'll miss him to much.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)