+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: O/T - Notts C.C.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I disagree. A difference between gutless and simply not good enough. This squad is chock full of the latter.
    I disagree with you. There is no way this team should be rolling over so easily, and the parallels with NCFC are plain to see. There is no guts and fight at all, the opposition simply want it more. Twice in this fixture we had the chance to take the game by the scruff of the neck (when we had them 119/6 on day one and when we were 207/3 on day two), and twice we completely bottled it yet again. The day Chris Read hung up his gloves was the day this decline started, instead of the several rescue acts he instigated we now just tamely lie down and surrender. I believe our shameful position is far more down to lack of guts than lack of ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I disagree with you. There is no way this team should be rolling over so easily, and the parallels with NCFC are plain to see. There is no guts and fight at all, the opposition simply want it more. Twice in this fixture we had the chance to take the game by the scruff of the neck (when we had them 119/6 on day one and when we were 207/3 on day two), and twice we completely bottled it yet again. The day Chris Read hung up his gloves was the day this decline started, instead of the several rescue acts he instigated we now just tamely lie down and surrender. I believe our shameful position is far more down to lack of guts than lack of ability.
    I was at Trent Bridge today and watched a team with a lot of ability and guts lose to a team with a lot of guts but more ability You are right, without guts ability means nothing.

Don't know why Notts are so bad, but the way they are going they are heading for a "Derby County" Premiership season.

Same old story at Somerset - twice in a great position to take control of the game, both times followed by the inevitable tame surrender.

This team is every bit as gutless as the football team were last season.

It seems to me this lot, apart from being crap and gutless, have the mentality of a one day side. At any time in that second innings, it just needed a pair of them to get their heads down and concentrate, getting runs from singles and only ever attempting a four off a really bad ball.

But no, they stick around for a while, then start some big hitting and you know how it will end. Like Moores, 4 fours then out for 22 in 41 balls. Duckett, prods and pokes for a bit, then hits a four and a six and he goes after just 19 balls. Captain Fantastic? No, out for 9. And as for Samit, he was a sub and I didn't even know they could bat, and nor did he, it seems, getting just 1. Our best batsmen was a bowler.

Its clear we chucked the towel in we shoukd have took it to day 4 and lost but no this lot get an extra days holiday.

Newell/Moores have to go its that simple.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345