+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Women’s World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    What I don't understand is that we are now in June, the height of the cricket season, yet on the news, especially the BBC, no surprise there, the women's football takes preference over the men's World Cup Cricket competition. On some news reports they've not even mentioned the cricket! I would have thought that the majority of viewers are more interested in men's cricket than the women's football team. I certainly am. Another example of the media 'pushing' minority interest over that of the mainstream.
    I think terrestrial channels are sticking two fingers up to cricket due to it being almost exclusively on SKY.

Very short sighted by cricket to not allow more access to the WC by a main channel,they are killing a generation of younger fans.

It could easily have been on BBC4 or ITV4 or the like on a +1 basis so there was a time delay compared to the SKY coverage.

The lack of foresight and nous by so called “executives” of sport and TV never ceases to amaze me.

An open goal missed .....Kanu style.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think terrestrial channels are sticking two fingers up to cricket due to it being almost exclusively on SKY.

Very short sighted by cricket to not allow more access to the WC by a main channel,they are killing a generation of younger fans.

It could easily have been on BBC4 or ITV4 or the like on a +1 basis so there was a time delay compared to the SKY coverage.

The lack of foresight and nous by so called “executives” of sport and TV never ceases to amaze me.

An open goal missed .....Kanu style.
    You're probably correct. After my last post I did think that it was also affected by the fact that the BBC had the rights for the Women's World Cup and not the cricket.

Tbh Mick i don't know what makes me want to slash my wrists more, Cricket or women playing football. Have you seen some of them girls? Some are bigger than me and not as pretty. I wish i could grow a beard as good some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Tbh Mick i don't know what makes me want to slash my wrists more, Cricket or women playing football. Have you seen some of them girls? Some are bigger than me and not as pretty. I wish i could grow a beard as good some of them.
    I bet they are more well hung too...

On the subject of equality when my grandson was 15 he played a warm up game Midlands U15 versus the England ladies, he opened the bowling and had the first three bats back in the pavilion in no time at all the present England captains off stump almost skewered the keeper, equal? my backside.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post

Bet you wish you were Phil Neville though Des! One to one debriefs

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Bet you wish you were Phil Neville though Des! One to one debriefs
    Hey Albert lol, isnt that a joke in itself though, the likes of Phil Neville being an 'International' football manager at a World cup.

The bloke couldnt even be the best Neville brother when he was a player, so what does that tell you about the wimmins game!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Albert lol, isnt that a joke in itself though, the likes of Phil Neville being an 'International' football manager at a World cup.

The bloke couldnt even be the best Neville brother when he was a player, so what does that tell you about the wimmins game!!.
    Joking aside - some of these women have more grace and creativity on the ball than Robson Kanu and have more energy than the waste of space Livermore. I would rather watch these birds than some of our dour matches this year such as Hull away and Wigan away - naming two from many!

Was it really that bad though, as you did make the Play offs afer all and were just an 'away goals rule' from going through to the Wembley final.

As for the birds thrashing it out in the world cup, I do want to see them/England do well whether I rate the quality of them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Was it really that bad though, as you did make the Play offs afer all and were just an 'away goals rule' from going through to the Wembley final.

As for the birds thrashing it out in the world cup, I do want to see them/England do well whether I rate the quality of them or not.
    Missed opportunity Acido!! You don’t sack a manager and have nobody better lined up and then let an inexperienced coach run the show. Shortsighted Board and this coming season will be twice as hard!

As for the women - some of them are decent and better than some waste of spaces at West Brom this year. Even the blond bird playing for England in the Unicef match is playing better than some of the guys!

Looking forward to a trip to Barnsley so will look carefully when fixtures come out Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Missed opportunity Acido!! You don’t sack a manager and have nobody better lined up and then let an inexperienced coach run the show. Shortsighted Board and this coming season will be twice as hard!
    As for the women - some of them are decent and better than some waste of spaces at West Brom this year. Even the blond bird playing for England in the Unicef match is playing better than some of the guys!
    Looking forward to a trip to Barnsley so will look carefully when fixtures come out Thursday!
    Hey you did win your last game at our place, the 2-3 pre season friendly win last July lol.
    Im excited about the fixtures as well because we've just come up to the Champship again. And regardless of whether we will be relegated yet again, its good to be back at what we always used to think is our level, the old English Second Division.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)