+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joselu close to a move

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Joselu certainly hasn't done what we all thought he was bought for, but then again It's hard to actually know what Rafa bought him for, because, to me, he looked more like a defender from the front more than a striker on the front foot.

Rafa bought him, Rafa used him for an overall purpose which was more back foot than front foot.
    Basically any striker in that position would have suffered at the time and the way Rafa played his system which was first and foremost, to defend.

Having said that, Joselu had no pace, so was hardly in any position to cause defenders problems in any counter.
    What he did do well, was graft for the Rafa cause.
    Even as a sub he was brought on to shore a game up, not to change the game in our favour, goal wise.

On that note I'd say Joselu has more than served the purpose Rafa bought him for. Unfortunately the football (at the time) served up was so over cautious, most top strikers would've struggled, in my opinion.
    Hahaha...nobody bite!

A step in the right direction. Not the quality we need to go forward.

As a kid I always wanted a Mongoose BMX. Money wss short so I ended up with a thing called a Rustler that looked like one but wasn't. I bought Mongoose bar pads instead to put on it to fool everybody. I also wanted OGK mags for it but got some cheap replicas instead.

I also wanted a pair of air Jordans but got white Golas instead - no Atari for me either for Christmas, I got board games like Monopoly so as a young lad I was in the end surrounded by all this second rate cheap shiit that I didn't really want but had to smile and use to keep my folks happy.

This must be how Rafa feels about his team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Hahaha...nobody bite!
    If those are the standards of truth in his posts then I'm pleased I have his posts blocked so I no longer get the whingeing rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    If those are the standards of truth in his posts then I'm pleased I have his posts blocked so I no longer get the whingeing rubbish
    Joselu can’t shoot. Not the best characteristic for a striker to have.
    Rafa has achieved every objective set since arriving (he was hired 3 games too late when he first arrived to keep us in the PL) and he has formed a squad each season to achieve those objectives. I wouldn’t get too hung up on debating whether one player was a good buy or not - you need a squad, not an individual in football.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Joselu can’t shoot. Not the best characteristic for a striker to have.
    Rafa has achieved every objective set since arriving (he was hired 3 games too late when he first arrived to keep us in the PL) and he has formed a squad each season to achieve those objectives. I wouldn’t get too hung up on debating whether one player was a good buy or not - you need a squad, not an individual in football.
    ive seen Joselu, smash volleys into the top corner. The lad is probably the best finisher in our squad. Not his fault he isnt good enough for what Rafa needed. Every player has their strengths, same as any employee in any job.

The De Jong lad was a flop here because we didnt have the tactics to play to his strengths, he went on to smash goals in elsewhere.
    The Jon Dahl Tomasson lad was the same.
    The argie lad we had on loan, again thrived in other teams.

Maybe its an indication that the club were dumb in buying a player that was a bad fit for their style

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    ive seen Joselu, smash volleys into the top corner. The lad is probably the best finisher in our squad. Not his fault he isnt good enough for what Rafa needed. Every player has their strengths, same as any employee in any job.

The De Jong lad was a flop here because we didnt have the tactics to play to his strengths, he went on to smash goals in elsewhere.
    The Jon Dahl Tomasson lad was the same.
    The argie lad we had on loan, again thrived in other teams.

Maybe its an indication that the club were dumb in buying a player that was a bad fit for their style
    Is this a joke?

His best ever return in a whole season is 8 goals. Has EVERY manager in his career played him the wrong way?

The managers he's played under have all rated his teqhnical ability and effort, and have tried to work on his finishing...he doesn't have it!

As for the others...they couldn't score in a more competitive league. Except for Tomasson, he was played incorrectly...he was supposed to support Big Al but ended up deputising as a No.9 which he never was.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Very close to moving to Spain
    Thank fk for that
    Notice how long it takes NUFC to sign or sell players compared with Real/Chelsea regarding Hazard's transfer.

Yeah I know it's not fair to compare Hazard with Hos I mean how would Hos live it down haha

By all accounts Rafa is saying he was offered 10m from an un-named Chinese club in January but didn't want to sell as he was uncertain of getting a replacement.Now thanks to Ashley and his penny pinching if true he has missed out on 8.3 million and a 5 million profit on a sh1te player.
    Still apparently the club is well run and in a good financial position.
    Last edited by Geordie1974; 07-06-2019 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

This is what happens when a manager has no control on ins and outs

Can't belive we have to pay 1.8 Million for a club to take him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)