+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen Shareholders

Aberdeen Shareholders

Thoughts on this recent development?

http://bit.ly/2EZ5Lt7

I really dont like the way our Club is being run...these seem like Dave King type tactics to me.

The multi multi millionaires who are desperate for the new stadium are looking for further investment from others to realise their Kingsford dream. No one should be helping them out financially as they themselves have more than enough funds to see their dream through.

Can't do anything but laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Thoughts on this recent development?

http://bit.ly/2EZ5Lt7
    It reads to me that one particular shareholder would own over 30% of the total shares in the club, should he provide £2m of capital required to complete the training facility, and would then, by public limited company law rules, have to make an offer for the other shares in AFC, and that person (Cormack?) doesn’t wish to do so, hence the move to a private limited company, where that rule doesn’t exist.

The money was in place for the training facility though. Surely if it wasn’t, they would’ve mentioned it at the transparency Q&A the other week?

The money was in place for the training facility though. Surely if it wasn’t, they would’ve mentioned it at the transparency Q&A the other week?
    That’s why not one of us can trust our main shareholders.

Far better off being a private limited company.

Unless of course you want to buy and sell your shares at will.

I am not a shareholder and don't pay the slightest attention to AFC share price but I strongly suspect that the vast majority of small shareholders own their shares for sentimental reasons and wouldn't consider selling them.
    The bigger shareholders will wheel and deal amongst themselves either way.

Actually, I'm surprised AFC ever took the risk of being a Public Limited Company, far better off out of it.

Exactly. The pant pishers will read today’s news and think we are £2m short but in reality, the extra dough is there and waiting and this is simply a paper exercise to prevent Cormack ( I assume) from having to make an offer for the other 70% of shares.

Name:  9A23F9A3-6201-4B78-93ED-37D05B7317F7.png
Views: 1389
Size:  8.4 KB

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast