+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Daniel Powell signs

Daniel Powell signs

Pleased with this signing. 6' 2" winger/wide target man. Looks like replacement for Bowery. Scores about 1 in 6 games. Apparently turned down a deal with Northampton and other L2 clubs and Motherwell in Scottish Prem too!

Ticks several boxes, we need depth in wide areas, need pace, need height...sorted!

A poacher maybe someone like Mark Cullen who was at Blackpool last season would be a good Miller replacement.

Does indeed look like building for a post Bowery future, I thought as soon as I read he can operate on the wing or centrally. Only scored 1 in 9 at Cobblers, maybe they used him much more on the wing than centrally, if his career average is 1 in 6.

Very pleased with this bit of business looks capable of scoring a few goals a season as well, big and physical a good replacement for Bowery however I would prefer him to stay as I think he is a very decent footballer. The signing of Olly Lancashire a good bit of business as well if he stays fit he will be a far better at the back than Ray ever was and I would imagine Nolan is breathing a huge sigh of relief not having to carry Ray for another season.