+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The male commentators and pundits on the women's world cup...

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Wow, another thread hammering ladies football?
    I think that the ladies World cup and ladies fotball in general is at a lower skill level, slower and less entertaining than the mens game but that doesn't mean that it's bad.

The commentators are of a lesser skill as well and the use of men in the comms is probably down to them having more experience and is needed if the ladies game and the mens games are going to compete for the same audience.

It's a bit like when a famous brand changes the recipe and you know it's not the same anymore.

I think that it should be on main stream tv and I hope that it attracts a big enough audience to support its growth. I'd love for my girls to be interested in football but it's either part of you or isn't andthe free time it gives me is lovely.

Jocks, would you agree that the BBC and others have to learn from the mens game and the supporters of the mens game to progress? I once heard a radio presenter saying that a high ranked FIFA official had said that wearing bikinies would attract more supporters watch.

My daughter plays football and has done since she was six. Signed for a short time for Doncaster bells when they were a good team. But she is not interested in watching ladies football. She's a miller a season ticket holder and knows what she's talking about unlike her dad.

I turn off when I see Souness sat next to a girl in an outfit and full makeup ready for a night out. Demeaning to ladies NO but (in my opinion) disrespectful to a legend of a game.

When the credits come up as 36 league titles for Arsenal I think oh dear....really - so what....during a period when ladies football was childish and a handful of teams won everything.

Why don't they put it in a real contextual test......Arsenal or Man City Ladies v any Premier league side and then see what the difference in "quality" is.

It seems that the whole gender thing is getting ridiculous - Men and women are different and they shine within their own spheres of expertise - but football ain't one of them !

PS: There is no way I'll watch the Women's World Cup. Don't watch league one and league two matches because the entertainment / quality is lacking - so watching ladies football nah.

Can't imagine the ear damage caused at an England Ladies full house at Wembley (if it was ever to happen) - the high frequency screaming might just get a response from those all illusive neighbours out there in space - message - keep the bloody noise down!

Jees EasyAndEarly, you've left yourself open there for a bit of stick.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    I turn off when I see Souness sat next to a girl in an outfit and full makeup ready for a night out. Demeaning to ladies NO but (in my opinion) disrespectful to a legend of a game.

When the credits come up as 36 league titles for Arsenal I think oh dear....really - so what....during a period when ladies football was childish and a handful of teams won everything.

Why don't they put it in a real contextual test......Arsenal or Man City Ladies v any Premier league side and then see what the difference in "quality" is.

It seems that the whole gender thing is getting ridiculous - Men and women are different and they shine within their own spheres of expertise - but football ain't one of them !
    Exactly

If that's due to the noise element of women's football - I took my grandaughter to watch the "Liones's"s s.

My ears were ringing for days ...lol high frequency girly screams !

But the "football" was dross. Nothing controversial at all.

So we can’t use the word actress to describe a female actor, but we can use the term lioness?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    So we can’t use the word actress to describe a female actor, but we can use the term lioness?
    I hope the French don't get obsessed with this gender neutral rubbish because their language would really be burgered then!

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I hope the French don't get obsessed with this gender neutral rubbish because their language would really be burgered then!
    And some of them can't tell what you're saying if you put an e on the end of a word when it shouldn't be there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast