+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The male commentators and pundits on the women's world cup...

Watching the England game. The skill level is definitely lower and the octave level higher than the men's game but the entertainment level is much higher and the play acting/simulation much lower. In fact, as far as contact and physicality goes I'd go as far as to say that they make some of the male professionals we see at International and Premiership level look like 'big girls'.

PS The 'new' handball laws make the game's ruling bodies (and unfortunately the players trying to defend with their hands behind their backs) look like clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Watching the England game. The skill level is definitely lower and the octave level higher than the men's game but the entertainment level is much higher and the play acting/simulation much lower. In fact, as far as contact and physicality goes I'd go as far as to say that they make some of the male professionals we see at International and Premiership level look like 'big girls'.

PS The 'new' handball laws make the game's ruling bodies (and unfortunately the players trying to defend with their hands behind their backs) look like clowns.
    I agree the standard is low and the new laws are just plain stupid.

Not prime time tv.

One thing I have noticed, when England men “engage” with the fans there’s a good selection of men older than the players trying to get autographs and selfies.

With the England women it’s mainly girls younger than them, you don’t see older women wanting autographs and selfies.

Talking of "gender neutral" - I had the pleasure of taking both my grandkids to a Park with the Mrs. I had the misfortune to be sat adjacent two couples of modern parents "yuppies" ? but talking all things global warming - strange methods of education and that one couple were deciding upon a gender neutral name for their expectant new baby.

My wife and I shared shifts watching our kids and at times shared duties as it was a busy water park and the sun brought everyone out.

The punchline was my wife rescued their little one from under a water wheel as she was trapped under it and older kids were still spinning it. My wife took charge and held the little to high for all to see and shouted: "Who's is this child".....the yuppies were rabbiting that much about their gender neutral name they didn't have a firkin clue where their kid was.

There were two pairs of eyes for 100% of that trip on our kids - as it should be...!

That babs could have easily been nabbed in that busy situation. Stuff gender neutrality....look after your kids. Priorities!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not prime time tv.
    There's an easy fix for that Grist. Move over here with me and CT, then watch the games at 6am, 9am or 12pm and keep your prime time free for Corrie and Eastenders

Here’s a radical idea. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

It’s a totally different game.
    If you watch it and expect it to be the same as the men’s it’s not.
    Doesn’t mean that it’s terrible though it’s just different.
    It’s also in the early stages it will get better.
    Nobody is forced to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    And some of them can't tell what you're saying if you put an e on the end of a word when it shouldn't be there.
    The wife of a god fearing Yorkshireman dies. She too was a devout Christian so he commissions a headstone containing the inscription "Lord she was thine"
    When he goes to view the headstone he sees that the inscription is "Lord she was thin"
    He goes ballistic at the engraver "you've missed the bloody e off" he rants. The engraver apologises profusely and agrees to put it right.
    A week later the bereaved husband goes to the churchyard with eager anticipation. He sees the amended inscription:

"Ee Lord she was thin"

I hate the term snowflake. I think it is weak and used by morons.
    The same kind of morons wound up by a sport that they don’t have to watch if they don’t want to and are free to let others enjoy it if they want to.

It would be ironic if it wasn’t so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I hate the term snowflake. I think it is weak and used by morons.
    The same kind of morons wound up by a sport that they don’t have to watch if they don’t want to and are free to let others enjoy it if they want to.

It would be ironic if it wasn’t so stupid.

Yes but those worthy of the tag are too stupid to know what it means.

Watched the 2nd half of the England game yesterday in pub. Was good, a few locals were cheering them on.

Never watch pundits on any coverage so dunno how they compare. Will def tune in for other England world cup games.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast