+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jeremy corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    So why single our Romanians?

Any reader of these boards would know why.
    Because there are Romanian traffickers smuggling in guns?

https://youtu.be/vjueUbCmwn4

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    He did not single out Romanians the person who asked the question did that not Farage.
    That's true in the context of the interview. But in a statement afterwards he tried to clarify and made it even worse "any normal and fair minded person would have a perfect right to be concerned if a group of Romanian people suddenly moved in next door"

Romanians have a slightly higher crime conviction rate than other European races in the UK but the vast majority of them are here working fairly and paying taxes. Such a general and sweeping statement can only be offensive to the vast majority of innocent Romanians. If put in a more intelligent context b "there is evidence that there are organised gangs consisting of Romanian immigrants working in UK towns, then that is a fair statement when accompanied by criminal statistics. And that is fair. But such casual statements sweeping in a whole race, stoking fear and suspicion towards them is at the very least bigoted, to be kind to him.

Raging, you've spent the day arguing about whether Farage is 'far right' or not and getting upset about his comments about Romanians. Before getting too judgmental , you may wish to reflect upon your revered leader (who is the subject of the thread, after all).

Corbyn likes to hang out with the guys from Hamas and Hezbollah, - they are committed to the destruction of the state of Israel, but, hey, what’s a bit of genocide between friends?

And, of course, Corbs loves to take tea with the boys from the IRA - they like to take part in the odd bit of extortion, vigilantism and sectarian violence, but I guess nobody’s perfect. And, to be fair, Corbyn does put on serious face and sincere voice to condemn ‘all violence’ when asked about the IRA.

But at least, Corbyn is a union man, so I suppose that’s a saving grace- he's a member of the NUJ, which I guess might have helped him to get his gig on Iranian state TV. To be clear, that's the same Iranian state that 'disappears’, journalists who don't toe the line and who have imprisoned Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe for allegedly promoting journalism within the country. At the end of the day though, I guess a £20 000 fee helps to buy twine for the allotment and the Iranians don't like the Americans, so that's ok.

We don't know Corbyn's views on Romanians.

I wouldn’t vote for Farage under any circumstances. I wouldn’t vote for your man for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I would say that you are looking to lynch Farage to the nearest tree rather than wait for a proper trial which in my eyes makes you worse then him. He is not now nor has he ever been far right. Just because you view him as being far right does not make it true.

Many would say that Corbyn is antisemitic (and they do say it) does it follow that he must be because some people say he is?
    Calm down BL. I'm not looking to lynch Farage. Having far right political views is not illegal. All I have done is shared the common definition of 'far right' views and highlighted that Farage has expressed views that sit in that area.

Let's compare him to some others. Where would you place Mogg on the left - right scale? Mogg seems to me to be a strandard right wing politician, further right than May, Rudd, Johnson (if he was being really honest). Then comes the right wingers, Mogg, Raab, the ERG contingent that argue for a hard brexit but keep their arguments towards sovereignity and when talking immigration rarely get into identifying and singling out specific facial groups, getting their faces on posters that promote fear and hysteria against immigrant groups as a threat. Their arguments are more in economic grounds (although I'm sure some of these guys are just good at hiding their true feelings on immigration!) And then surely there is a progressive step, a political difference between these guys and Farage that generalises negatively and openly against political groups and even promotes using terms that offend whole race groups. And then you have his open daliences with other far right groups as Wanchai has linked to.

I repeat, he isn't extreme right, he's no Yaxley-Lennon, no neo nazi. But as reference points go, he is further right than the right wing of the Conservative party. Would you be happier with 'gentle far right'? 'Cuddly bigot'? 'Bit like my mum'? (scratch that last one, he ain't that bad :-))

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Raging, you've spent the day arguing about whether Farage is 'far right' or not and getting upset about his comments about Romanians. Before getting too judgmental , you may wish to reflect upon your revered leader (who is the subject of the thread, after all).

Corbyn likes to hang out with the guys from Hamas and Hezbollah, - they are committed to the destruction of the state of Israel, but, hey, what’s a bit of genocide between friends?

And, of course, Corbs loves to take tea with the boys from the IRA - they like to take part in the odd bit of extortion, vigilantism and sectarian violence, but I guess nobody’s perfect. And, to be fair, Corbyn does put on serious face and sincere voice to condemn ‘all violence’ when asked about the IRA.

But at least, Corbyn is a union man, so I suppose that’s a saving grace- he's a member of the NUJ, which I guess might have helped him to get his gig on Iranian state TV. To be clear, that's the same Iranian state that 'disappears’, journalists who don't toe the line and who have imprisoned Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe for allegedly promoting journalism within the country. At the end of the day though, I guess a £20 000 fee helps to buy twine for the allotment and the Iranians don't like the Americans, so that's ok.

I wouldn’t vote for Farage under any circumstances. I wouldn’t vote for your man for the same reasons.
    I would answer this Kerr. It is a very good question. But I can't be bothered...

You wouldn't vote for Farage or "raging's man"
    Who would you put forward bearing in mind your man Raab would be prepared to prorogue parliament?
    Didn't end too well for the last one to try it

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I would answer this Kerr. It is a very good question. But I can't be bothered...
    Where's the question?

Does your hypocrisy know any bounds? That's a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You wouldn't vote for Farage or "raging's man"
    Who would you put forward bearing in mind your man Raab would be prepared to prorogue parliament?
    Didn't end too well for the last one to try it
    Since when is Raab my man?

Since when is Raab my man?
    Since you told us some months ago
    So who would you vote for?

I have never told you that he is my man. You are mistaken.

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast