+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jeremy corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    A win is a win I guess but I certainly wouldn't be celebrating too much in all honesty if I was Corbyn .

I certainly don't think Labour can win a GE at the moment with a majority , not a chance .

Going on raging's claim the party are set lose 35% of their historical vote , even 20% would hurt them massively .

They actually need to gain 20% whilst holding on to the voters they attracted at the last GE , never going to happen .

The only thing I saw in the Peterborough bye election was that when push comes to shove Labour isn't a government in waiting and that voters will probably stick to the tories as a better of two evils gig .

The problem I see for Labour whilst it's right to campaign on an anti austerity ticket , inequality and the losers in capitalism there isn't enough of the electorate affected to turn that in to a majority Labour Government .

Which isn't to say millions of people aren't affected its just where they are concentrated doesn't aid the Labour cause and where they are affected they could quite easily turn the other way and go far right .

Rightly or wrongly Corbyn's project had a one election shelf life and that times gone , brexit has killed that enthusiasm off and made other issues the under card on the bill .

New life needs injecting in to the Labour Party , it's already looking spent under Corbyn .

In a contest in the UK for the best of two evils then the Tories tend to have the historical upper hand , the Major triumph over Kinnock and the Cameron win over Ed Miliband are your reference .

With the historical Labour areas under stress and middle England not convinced you should know the rest as painful as that is to bear .

But it is an historical fact .

Oh dear indeed.

Other than Mr Shouty having a rant the real question is do they ever learn?

The winning Labour candidate has leanings towards anti-semitism, something that Mr Shouty claims doesn’t happen in the Labour Party

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    There is not a single bit of evidence to suggest the UK population wants us to leave without a deal, and a huge amount of evidence to suggest they don't want us to believe without a deal. I suggest anyone who believes the nation wants to leave without a deal is living in a bubble and might want to look at some opinion polls.
    Theres no such thing as leaving without a deal, theres also a lot rubbish spoken about how it will affect people financially

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Theres no such thing as leaving without a deal, theres also a lot rubbish spoken about how it will affect people financially
    Crashing out on WTO terms if you'd prefer to call it that, and there's masses of evidence on how tariffs would hurt businesses and lead to job losses, thw mere threat of it has seen our car manufacturing plummet and British Steel face liquidation.

Crashing out on WTO terms if you'd prefer to call it that, and there's masses of evidence on how tariffs would hurt businesses and lead to job losses, thw mere threat of it has seen our car manufacturing plummet and British Steel face liquidation.
    There isnt any evidence what so ever as it hasnt happened yet, to prove this you would need to produce evidence you have invented a time machine.

The car industry is in turmoil in every EU country due to other factors.

Our future prosperity will be built on individual companies who trade and not deals made by governments or the EU, its a complete myth being propagated through channels who have self interest.

Biggest load of bull I’ve ever read on here.

Who is feeding you this tripe?

There is no evidence at all because it has never been done before so stop putting things up that have no base of truth to them.

The motor industry is going through a tough time. There is a huge investment needed to change to electric engines. Many alliances being formed to offset development cost.

The evidence is starting to build that manufacturers are leaving the UK. Investment in UK car industry is down 80%. Maybe not all be down to Brexit - but it is a factor (you cant ignore what the likes of Honda and Toyota are saying). Its a clear sign they are not looking to develop new models over here.

Given we have a highly skilled workforce why do you think they are ignoring Britain?

Its mounting up. Banking, Insurance, Steel, Aircraft, Cars, JCB, Dyson - all re positioning away from Britain. I think its worrying times.

There is no evidence at all because it has never been done before so stop putting things up that have no base of truth to them.
    Ffs Big lad - are you too dumb to get it.

Its an undoubted fact that tariffs will hurt importers. If we apply tariffs to EU imports where they did not exist before, it will be a new cost to businesses, cash flow money that will need to found.

Note this article

https://www.theguardian.com/business...rger-collapses

I deliberately picked the Guardian because some posters on here think it's the bible of truth, but it's equally been reported elsewhere

Note the comment blaming the French government and note who is the biggest shareholder in Renault.

Within EU rules? - Questionable

Protectionism - Definitely

...and those folks that are anti-Trump and deals with the USA, Fiat-Crysler is part US owned.
    Last edited by Grist_To_The_Mill; 08-06-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast