+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jeremy corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...um-wage-report

Doesn't exactly support your argument gm
    & how many is many
    Youve gone all tangent on me Exile....I'll ask you directly, "would you rather earn £150k or £50k?£

In relation to polarisation of income thats a different argument, there are some areas in the country where hardly anyone earns less than £50k...you have tangented around low income which although I acknowledge is a different

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    A huge dollop of scaremongering there by you and Farage. What you say is substantively not true. The law is in place as much to protect employers from false accusations as workers from discrimination.* In reality its about companies having their policy and processes documented and in place. Acas will not move a case forward, or a job candidate wont win a case, for the simple reason they are on the discriminated list and did not get the job. Employers are well protected by the law.

This is more evidence that Farage and ERG have a bigger agenda to dilute workers rights (employment law, health and safety at work and minimum wage) to make the UK a low cost deregulated market. Leaving the EU opens us up to this change.

["The Equality Act 2010 is an Act of Parliament of the United Kingdom with the primary purpose of consolidating, updating and supplementing the numerous prior Acts and Regulations, that formed the basis of anti-discrimination law in Great Britain."]
    Once again you miss the point he was making. I am not going to try and explain this to you because you have already made up your mind that what he was saying is a racist comment which could not be further from the truth but I guess you know best.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I wonder how many of the 160,000 conservative members who will choose our next PM stand to personally gain from Boris's tax cut offer? Might this be a good reason for his tactic?
    Some will, but plenty of none Tories such as myself would benefit too.

Tories generally believe in low taxation and a small state and it has worked well for them electorally in the past - notably in the 80s. As a tactic for winning elections I suspect it has probably had its day, for the moment at least.

That's pretty much it. The fact that Farage is saying that he would like employers to be able to waive this legal obligation to demonstrate equal opportunities (I do loads of interviews, it's not a lot and you can still choose the best person for the job regardless of race - I've not once had to justify my choices be legal challenge) just for local "UK born" people, to discriminate in their favour, for me is a trait of far right politics going by the definition.

On balance, I think that I am persuaded by the views that he is not a demonstrably far right politician (as Batton clearly is/was) but he does have revealing slips. But centre right BL? Do me a favour! But he does run a party that has demonstrably attracted a large following of both far and extreme right supporters. Are they his useful idiots, or is he theirs?
    Stop talking out your aras pup.

I wonder how many of the 160,000 conservative members who will choose our next PM stand to personally gain from Boris's tax cut offer? Might this be a good reason for his tactic?
    This is exactly the reason. He is wanting MP's to support his leadership bid and how better to do that than make sure if he gets the leadership they will benefit financially.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Once again you miss the point he was making. I am not going to try and explain this to you because you have already made up your mind that what he was saying is a racist comment which could not be further from the truth but I guess you know best.
    I don't think what Farage is saying is racist in any way. The question is whether it is a far right political idea in that it favours the native country and discriminates against non natives. That doesn't make him a racist. Just suggests he has some ideas/policies/sympathies that could be defined as far right.

This is exactly the reason. He is wanting MP's to support his leadership bid and how better to do that than make sure if he gets the leadership they will benefit financially.
    Can't buy Corbyns vote but he benefits on his £160k per year.

I don't think what Farage is saying is racist in any way. The question is whether it is a far right political idea in that it favours the native country and discriminates against non natives. That doesn't make him a racist. Just suggests he has some ideas/policies/sympathies that could be defined as far right.
    Such as?

Stop talking out your aras pup.
    You don't think that the BP are attracting the extremist voters? My mate up North is a great barometer of the far right for me. His views are pretty aligned with Yaxley-Lennon and one would have though that he would be behind UKIP. But he's not daft, he knows that to move towards what he ultimately wants (a brutal stop to immigration and a move towards deportation of some ethnic groups, the usual suspects targeted on here), he has thrown his (considerable) weight behind Farage and the BP. But that won't be where he'll stop once/if Brexit is achieved.

His views are very common and lie many, hugely inflated since 2016. Like many, he wasn't that interested in politics until the switch to focus on immigration after the crash. Now he's very motivated. He'd get on very well with a couple of posters on here

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Such as?
    Eh Like the one we're just discussing!

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast