+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jeremy corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Will this do?

It was on Tykesmad board

16-12-2018, 09:33 PM #19

KerrAvon

Slavery is indefensible, but has featured or is featuring in the history of probably every country and people of the world.
    Yes. I'm sure that we can all agree that it was indefensible.

You accidentally missed that bit out of your post.

This is a link to the thread so that everyone can see you making a fool of yourself (as usual):

http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...le,%20featured

Remarkable isn't it that Corbyn is attacked in such a high profile way , I've never known a campaign of such severity against any leader of a political party in this country .

The thing is if you've been around long enough you'd know that there's a very good reason behind this .

I trust nobody is even remotely naive enough to think that the perpetrators are so worried by his policies that they want to protect the rest of the UK from him .

No it's people such GM and his like who are running scared from him because he has the will and desire to end their freeloading whilst the rest of us pick up the bill and are left to clean the mess up they leave behind .

There is a reason why this country is the most unequal in europe , rocket science it ain't .

If there's nobody to challenge the status quo history tends to reveal that exploitation and a smaller share of wealth for those who are vulnerable tends to happen .

Big business with it's power , wealth and influence isn't the answer , it's actually the problem and Corbyn is prepared to challenge that .

Low tax or they won't invest here , invest for whom though , themselves and their minions whilst the rest of us drive over millions of pot holes on our roads everyday , have to wait months and months to be seen at hospitals , weeks at GP s or can't get access to decent services , see our police force cut to the bone and our fire services stretched so much it struggles to be fit for purpose .

So where does your investment sit now GM outside of your office window and 10 years of austerity that's achieved absolutely nothing .

There's a man about to become PM of this country with more misdemeanors as foreign secretary than Corbyn's had in is 36 year political career and no fecker in the msm says shyte .

More tax cuts for
    the high earners saw to that of course .

Then again Boris is just a rascal isn't he ? , business as usual under Boris .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    This is a link to the thread so that everyone can see you making a fool of yourself (as usual):

http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...le,%20featured
    And you continue to be a liar as usual but you do have history so we shouldn't be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Remarkable isn't it that Corbyn is attacked in such a high profile way , I've never known a campaign of such severity against any leader of a political party in this country .

The thing is if you've been around long enough you'd know that there's a very good reason behind this .

I trust nobody is even remotely naive enough to think that the perpetrators are so worried by his policies that they want to protect the rest of the UK from him .

No it's people such GM and his like who are running scared from him because he has the will and desire to end their freeloading whilst the rest of us pick up the bill and are left to clean the mess up they leave behind .

There is a reason why this country is the most unequal in europe , rocket science it ain't .

If there's nobody to challenge the status quo history tends to reveal that exploitation and a smaller share of wealth for those who are vulnerable tends to happen .

Big business with it's power , wealth and influence isn't the answer , it's actually the problem and Corbyn is prepared to challenge that .

Low tax or they won't invest here , invest for whom though , themselves and their minions whilst the rest of us drive over millions of pot holes on our roads everyday , have to wait months and months to be seen at hospitals , weeks at GP s or can't get access to decent services , see our police force cut to the bone and our fire services stretched so much it struggles to be fit for purpose .

So where does your investment sit now GM outside of your office window and 10 years of austerity that's achieved absolutely nothing .

There's a man about to become PM of this country with more misdemeanors as foreign secretary than Corbyn's had in is 36 year political career and no fecker in the msm says shyte .

More tax cuts for

Animal I think your missing the point mate. I do not like the Conservatives because they are all about making the rich richer and the poor poorer. Once upon a time the Labour party were there to help the poor get a fair crack of the whip and fought for their rights.

Under Corbyn the Labour party have moved as far left as it can to now become a Big Politics party. No way in hell do I ever want to see a Big Politics agenda running this country. In effect what we have now with the big 2 parties is one extreme to the other. Corbyn has about as much interest in the common people as the Conservatives do. Unless these 2 parties are challenged and forced to become accountable this country is f u c k e d.

No doubt that the tories are all about making money but I think making the poor poorer is a bit of a myth.

Corbyn is a dinosaur and a bit of a gift to the tories. A better leader would have decimated the tories and would have delivered a Labour victory at the last general election. The conservatives are probably more than happy keeping Corbyn where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    LMFAO. “Ive forgotten more on Irish history than you’ll ever know” You are a card Kerr.

Where do you get your Irish history lessons from, David Starkey? Yes, you point to the killing of 2 children by the PIRA. Every death a human tragedy of course. But you mention nothing of the British killings of Catholics and how the British state supported the systematic discrimination against Catholics living in Northern Ireland since the region’s formation that led to Bogside and the British soldier killing an 8 year old Catholic boy by indiscriminate machine gun fire. This escalated the violence with the formation of the PIRA and years of tit for tat violence in which the British State were equally involved with supporting the murder of Irish civilians. There’s even a new documentary out, ‘Unquiet Graves’ that pulls apart what everyone in Ireland already knows focusing on Glenane and the murder of 120 civilians also going about their business in the early part of ‘The Troubles’. You of course, see it only from the point of view of the State, as victim, not the initial aggressor. Corbyn, Abbot and MacDonnell of course had close links with the NILP which formed the NI Civil Rights association aimed at ending the discrimination against Catholics, and who were repeatedly attacked with several murders in their marches by loyalist groups, again with British State support.

Similar mechanics in Palestine, with a land long inhabited over centuries being occupied and carved up against the native will and leading up to the current situation. I’ve schooled (!) you in depth on this before when you tottered hopelessly out of depth on your history, armed only with your one-dimensional colonially favoured readings. Ah yes, the British State, with it’s colonial past, has a long and murderous past steeped in occupation, slavery and murder around the world. If you want to understand Abbot’s anger when she made that quote all those years ago, you have to understand the anger of the people who were victims of the British state through the years. Directly. McDonnell in Ireland. And Abbott, who’s quote so angers you. Are you not able to make the simple connection to Abbot’s family origins? Jamaica? British colonisation? Slavery? F***, wouldn’t you be angry?

So, yes the current Labour leaders have plenty record of opposition to British State policy. And quite right to. But that doesn’t mean that they are hostile to the country they live in and now serve as MPs. It just gives them a different context of our history, they look through a different lens. And for this, they are far less likely to lead us into antagonistic, jingoistic conflicts that cost us British lives like the war in Iraq. They are more likely to seek evidence and use dialogue where possible. But that isn’t to say that international intervention is always bad. Far from it. But country leaders know better than it’s people that a good threat from abroad is a fantastic means to gain insecurity and engage in empty rhetoric and senseless action as a means to consolidate your own popularity. They are far less likely to go down that route. As John said, to ask for more evidence, for that evidence to be clear and agreed by a number of different interests (including opposition leaders) is a very sensible argument.
    That’s all good stuff, raging, but it doesn’t help you. It simply catches you in the same moral morass that your top table has found itself – trying to excuse terrorism.

You haven’t bothered to try to determine my position on Ireland before criticising it and it may be that I agree that the actions of successive British regimes and governments and discrimination by Loyalists resulted in the PIRA and INLA campaigns, but unlike you, I’m not willing to justify killings or to slip them under the carpet with a casual ‘Every death a human tragedy of course’, which could have come straight from the Corbyn playbook. Perhaps I’m more of a pacifist than you.

I love the way that you excuse the Abbott comment. Apparently it was said in anger and had its genesis in her family history… Why then when she was asked about it did she not mention any of that and simply refer to the history of her hairstyles instead? You talk about wanting evidence and then simply make it up when it suits you.

I love the way too that you try to shift the argument to the UK’s colonial past, doubtless seeing that as a happier hunting ground than actually addressing the actions of your top table. As I say, you’ve got all the moves.

You haven’t answered how Corbyn’s pacifism driven desire for peace only seems to involve talking to one side of the conflict.

On the issue of Palestine, I see that you are marking your own homework again. If we are getting into the characterisation of each other’s positions, I could be unkind and say that yours carries all the balance and factual basis of a Dave Spart inspired leaflet handed out on the steps of a Student Union, but that would be unkind and so I won’t.

Do pacifists refer to active terrorist groups as ‘friends’ and attend wreath layings for fallen terrorists (present, but not participating of course - as per the Labour spin machine doctors)? Doesn’t that smack of tacit support and make it highly unlikely that the pacifist in question could then be taken seriously in any supposed attempt to secure peace?

They say that you can judge a man by the company he keeps – in Corbyn’s case that appears to be anti-Semites, PIRA, Hamas, Hezbollah, the Iranian state (although he was paid handsomely to do that) and, it seems genocide deniers:

https://blog.politicsmeanspolitics.c...s-8ebee1ed9572

And yes, I know that Rob Francis doesn’t like the current Labour Party.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 22-06-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

More tax cuts for

I have neither the time nor the inclination to write a long response to this. I'd simply make these observations:

Your comments on 'big business' epitomises the problem with current Labour ideology. Both you and the people currently running the party are so blinded by your ideology that you ignore the fact that it 'big business' that provides employment and generate tax revenues with which to run the NHS, pay teachers and repair potholes. Electing a Corbyn government that would drive those 'big businesses' out of the UK is not a great idea unless you see unemployment and falling tax revenues as being desirable.

As well as providing employment and tax revenues, 'big business' and their minions (whoever they might be) provide the capital growth and income that allow pension funds to provide people with security in their retirement. You yourself have mentioned that you are sitting on a fund with which you intend to retire to Spain (nice if you can afford to do it - particularly post Brexit). Unless it is in a biscuit tin under you bed and being eroded by inflation, that fund will be invested and growing due to the the rewards of being invested in 'big business'.

The UK is not the most unequal country in Europe (insofar as it is possible to measure these things).

Austerity has eliminated the UK structural budget deficit and is allowing the national debt to fall. In other words, we’re reducing the extent to which we ask our kids, grandkids and great grankids to fund our lifestyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    And you continue to be a liar as usual but you do have history so we shouldn't be surprised
    I'd say that I have accurately characterised your postings. It's a pity that you didn't see fit to afford me the same courtesy.

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast