+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jeremy corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    He has already stated that he has never voted Tory.

What's your issue with that? Ditto. I support more policies on the right of centre than left but I've never voted Tory either. As much as I hate this Jeremy Kyle society we live in, I hate the filthy rich tax avoiders and 'illuminati' even more.

What's so hard for you to understand, when a bloke is analytical and concludes, in his opinion, your politics don't work. It's pretty clear you are an activist and truly believe you know best.

Do something better with your time. The amount of time it takes you to paste, research, then cut and paste on here every week, would be better served with a part time voluntary job. Go and do your bit.

'Blinkered you see'

Any neutral observer on here, would say you post too much and most definitely have an agenda.
    I'm sure Kerr doesn't need you sticking up for him Howdy.

So you have a problem with me challenging Kerr's political stances but you don't mind Kerr challenging mine?

You reckon that I think I'm always right when I challenge Kerr's (or anyone's) views but don't think that Kerr (or anyone else) thinks that they are right when they challenge me (or anyone else)?

You think that I'm an 'activist' for expressing my political opinions when others express their with just as much passion?

You think that I'm on here 'copy/pasting' too much but Kerr and many others aren't, even though some of them post far more than I do?

You think that I have an agenda, but others do not?

Just for the record I do not start any political posts on here. But I find that many posters put forward their own agendas either by starting threads or contributing avidly to them. Do they not have an agenda? They are starting them? Or is that ok and you turn the other way just because you happen to agree with their politics? The VAST majority of posts started on here push the agenda of 'right wing' politics and I (and others) probably in all futility challenge these ideas in most cases as the political argument is interesting (for the record, I may disagree fervently with Kerr but I respect his points of view and would probably get on very well if we met for a beer) or, less frequently because I find points that there is such a strong lean to the right (the new footy fan I suppose) that there needs to be counter balance.

I'm quite happy that I contribute to society thanks. This is a futile advancement that gets thrown at Kerr whenever he goes into expanded arguments and I would agree with him that it is a distraction from people that don't like what he is saying and simply want him to go away. I think it a shame that you should resort to such childish pointedness. Kerr is more than capable of looking after himself and if he wants to spar away, then I am happy to exchange views. Some are petty, some are pointless, some are stimulating and I've taken some things on board from him. At least he isn't of the bigot-brigade and for that I am grateful.

So you’re not an activist then?

I think you are.

Might be wrong but doubt it.

So you’re not an activist then?

I think you are.

Might be wrong but doubt it.
    What do you mean by 'Activist'? I go to some Labour Party meetings, went to a momentum meeting back in 2017 but it wasn't for me, and attended a Hope Not Hate meeting a couple of weeks ago to look at ways we could counter race/religious hate crimes in our local community. If you define 'activists as someone who campaigns to bring about social/political change' then I guess I am. But isn't anyone who argues with others about politics/social issues, attends meetings, writes letters to papers/council/anyone is the same? And why is that a bad thing?

The only thing I would say is that I don't start threads on a football message boards and the VAST majority of threads on here are started by people of right wing views. I would suggest that you don't take issue with them, even though they bring the threads into existence and some of them post lots more than I do, simply because you are in agreement with their views and don't like opposition to them?
    Last edited by ragingpup; 15-06-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    What do you mean by 'Activist'? I go to some Labour Party meetings, went to a momentum meeting back in 2017 but it wasn't for me, and attended a Hope Not Hate meeting a couple of weeks ago to look at ways we could counter race/religious hate crimes in our local community. If you define 'activists as someone who campaigns to bring about social/political change' then I guess I am. But isn't anyone who argues with others about politics/social issues, attends meetings, writes letters to papers/council/anyone is the same? And why is that a bad thing?

The only thing I would say is that I don't start threads on a football message boards and the VAST majority of threads on here are started by people of right wing views. I would suggest that you don't take issue with them, even though they bring the threads into existence and some of them post lots more than I do, simply because you are in agreement with their views and don't like opposition to them?
    Must admit raging, I'm sick to death of reading posts started by Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    But reading them is easier than trawling to find the original sources on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

So it’s fair to say you are an activist then? Thought so.

I actually don’t take issue with the extreme right wing views because there’s no point. Too stupid, the lot of them. You have no idea what I agree with and what I don’t. All you know is that I’ve never voted Tory.

Unfortunately your party can’t add up or have the entrepreneurial skills to feed the masses. Unfortunately all politicians are too scared to take on the establishment and deal with the rich landowners and aristocracy in this country.

I’ve read a few of your posts. I think you’re part of an ‘army’ who have forgotten what democracy is.

Whether you are right or wrong with your views, the damage MP’s and the ‘remain’ movement are doing to this country is unprecedented.

Channel your energy into respecting a democratic vote and you might get some respect.

Start a rejoin movement if you like but honour the vote FFS.

Dress it up how you want but at the end of the day we had a vote.

Do we dare to believe, it’s the only vote ever, where politicians lied to us to get power or their way?

Give me a break.

Have you noticed how all the people fighting against "hate" are full of hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I don't start posts, Zyles. I just seem to become the subject of a lot of them.

Yes I know, but I have often wondered why

So it’s fair to say you are an activist then? Thought so.

I actually don’t take issue with the extreme right wing views because there’s no point. Too stupid, the lot of them. You have no idea what I agree with and what I don’t. All you know is that I’ve never voted Tory.

Unfortunately your party can’t add up or have the entrepreneurial skills to feed the masses. Unfortunately all politicians are too scared to take on the establishment and deal with the rich landowners and aristocracy in this country.

I’ve read a few of your posts. I think you’re part of an ‘army’ who have forgotten what democracy is.

Whether you are right or wrong with your views, the damage MP’s and the ‘remain’ movement are doing to this country is unprecedented.

Channel your energy into respecting a democratic vote and you might get some respect.

Start a rejoin movement if you like but honour the vote FFS.

Dress it up how you want but at the end of the day we had a vote.

Do we dare to believe, it’s the only vote ever, where politicians lied to us to get power or their way?

Give me a break.
    Sorry? Are you under the impression that I am arguing for Remain? Why are you saying this?

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast