+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonder if Warne is using a different approach to recruitment?

Wonder if Warne is using a different approach to recruitment?

No more Mr Nice Guy, more demanding this coming season? A tad of Evo about this particular purchase?

Reading through some of the quotes by Plymouth fans, Ladopo sounds nothing like the type of player Warne would usually take a second look at. Has Warne realised at last being nicey nicey doesn't always work?

With the budget that TS has allowed him, does anyone think Warne has decided to go a bit gung ho on this particular signing, hoping he's signed a proven goal scorer?

Whatever the outcome, it is finally pleasing to already see x 3 players signed up. Yes I know recruitment takes time but we, RUFC, always seem to be scraping the barrel at the last minute but not this close season, again a good morale booster all round.

The wingers situation seems to be an issue but like someone previously posted, Vassell can always be used on the left wing and he has pace to burn, just a matter of keeping him fit. The position is still open to Forde for the right wing IF he takes up the offer the club have put to him. Still need more wing cover though. How about bringing Purrington back and using him on the left wing, he certainly likes to get forward a lot? Can always drop back and cover Mattock if injured.

I wonder just how much TS has allowed Warne to spend on recruitment? For those that have come in, they have only taken the wage of those who have left and probably on a reduced wage with us now being in league one, so not much expenditure there. As a Brucie bonus, a promotion incentive may be written into their contracts so all to play for.

Slightly went off key with my initial thread so, the question is, has Warne changed tactics on recruitment?
    Last edited by Brin; 25-06-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Not so Brin. On the videogames interview with him . He said he likes him as "He is a nice guy".
    Anyhow I wish him well.

Jeez predictive text

The problem with strikers is that you need to be selfish, if you want to score goals.

Crash, I think it's fair to say I think we all wish the young man well and welcome aboard the RUFC promotion train......

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    The problem with strikers is that you need to be selfish, if you want to score goals.
    and not crabby or that would make you a shellfish.....

I'll get mi coat.

I think a lot of it will be sour grapes. Some quality goals here.

https://youtu.be/1u5lAt_Sq1c

Three really good signings so far.

With that quality it may make a few other potential signings want to join us.

Potential recruits thinking I'll join one of the main teams in div one who mean business

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Not so Brin. On the videogames interview with him . He said he likes him as "He is a nice guy".
    Anyhow I wish him well.
    Just seen it pal. Seemed a very pleasant introduction for him. I noticed how Warne dropped in the ' have to check back and fight for lost balls etc', something he's been accused of not doing. It's a new club and a fresh start for him and I for one hope it all goes to plan both for Freddie and the club with his 3 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I think a lot of it will be sour grapes. Some quality goals here.

https://youtu.be/1u5lAt_Sq1c
    Yep, it looks like he don’t like passing to his team mates,I can see why the Plymouth fans say he’s not a team player ? but he looks very composed,assess situations very quickly and has the pace to finish moves off, I don’t think Richard Wood and Joe Mattock will enjoy playing against him in training 😰

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast