+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Isn't it this consortium that is prepared to keep AH on? Club run by Fools & Fraudsters - could make a TV series out of that title! Just need a 3-wheeled monorail, or maybe a wheelbarrow without a wheel.
    The thing about people with fraudulent intent is that they know how to prey on other people's weaknesses and desperation, and as we know, Alan Hardy's weakness is that he does (or perhaps did) enjoy the profile of being Notts County chairman when things were going well. So perhaps it isn't surprising if they offered him a chance to retain the profile and sold him the dream that they will invest enough to turn the club around and restore his reputation. In reality, it's more likely he would simply be used like another Peter Trembling, the PR man trying to paper over the cracks and hide all the chaos behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The thing about people with fraudulent intent is that they know how to prey on other people's weaknesses and desperation, and as we know, Alan Hardy's weakness is that he does (or perhaps did) enjoy the profile of being Notts County chairman when things were going well. So perhaps it isn't surprising if they offered him a chance to retain the profile and sold him the dream that they will invest enough to turn the club around and restore his reputation. In reality, it's more likely he would simply be used like another Peter Trembling, the PR man trying to paper over the cracks and hide all the chaos behind the scenes.
    I’m 95% sure you’re right, and that we’ll know in 7-10 days.

Yeah, there's a lot of truth in that, but Trembling was better at it than Hardy. Also, I think Leigh Curtis was behind this revelation (he at least seems to have spoken to the Mirror)

https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Neither did the people at Chesterfield know who he really was when I spoke to people there and neither did the Mirror at first. So if you’re gonna come for me, at least get your facts right.

And I agree with him on this:

Why even take the trouble to find out what May’s involvement is? All talks should cease immediately. What part of ‘jailed for fraud’ is not understood?

Hardy's daughter will have to have another go at him now. Or the Clown himself under another false name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Yeah, there's a lot of truth in that, but Trembling was better at it than Hardy.
    And Trembling didn't come with the baggage of having already made a terrible mess of things!

I have said for a while Curtis takes too much stick from some of our fans.

He can only report what he us told and we know pretty much zero from SA party and that a few in this one have been to prison.

Hardy should be ending the deal NOW with them so the club statement says alot about him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I have said for a while Curtis takes too much stick from some of our fans.
    I've been one of those to give him stick at times, and we don't know whether he is connected with this Mirror article or not, but whoever investigated and blew the whistle on this potential catastrophe knows who they are, and they deserve the gratitude of Notts County fans.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    And Trembling didn't come with the baggage of having already made a terrible mess of things!
    He is still a two bob toss pot though.

I've been one of those to give him stick at times, and we don't know whether he is connected with this Mirror article or not, but whoever investigated and blew the whistle on this potential catastrophe knows who they are, and they deserve the gratitude of Notts County fans.
    His webchats can be very pointless I agree as the only thing we care about is the takeover but if the Nottm Post dont give him the resources he is limited in what he can find out.

I guess the first thing a journo would do is ask Chesterfield about May etc they dodged a bullet thankfully.

He could mean the Mirror didn't know at first until he told them (because I doubt the NP would touch this story), or they only just found out because they have been tipped off by the SA Group. There's no reason the Mirror would have investigated this without someone giving them the lead.

Either way he isn't afraid to stand up to Hardy now and tell it like it is, which is to his credit.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    He is still a two bob toss pot though.
    Of course. But he was a fresh face and didn't already have a reputation when he became the public face of Munto. It was far easier for him to sell their lie than it would be for Hardy with this group, given that his reputation is already in tatters.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast