+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL: 'Rooney rule' introduced to 'address under-representation' of BAME managers

EFL: 'Rooney rule' introduced to 'address under-representation' of BAME managers

Back to this again.no surprise who’s behind it.
    I’m worried that it’ll get to point where we employ them just because the EFL say there’s not enough.

The job should clearly go to the best person that fits the club’s agenda whoever they are surely

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48555148

The job can and will go to whoever is best in the eyes of the club. It’s just a nudge of the door open where it’s perceived to be blocked. A bit like pushing Oxford and Cmabridge to interview more state school students. Worth a try in my view if it helps get some fresh managerial talent that might otherwise have gone to waste. What I’m not sure about is what happens if no BAME candidates apply?

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    The job can and will go to whoever is best in the eyes of the club. It’s just a nudge of the door open where it’s perceived to be blocked. A bit like pushing Oxford and Cmabridge to interview more state school students. Worth a try in my view if it helps get some fresh managerial talent that might otherwise have gone to waste. What I’m not sure about is what happens if no BAME candidates apply?
    I knew the old Al Jolson fancy dress kit would come in handy one day.