+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lindsay, a done deal

Lindsay, a done deal

Whats betting he now gets straight into the Scotland squad?

that's a good call.

Just another example off our short sighted policy. We sign 21 year olds, on a three year deal, and then HAVE to sell when they have a year left. No end result, just rebuild every year. We must have some absolute outstanding Scouts at our club....My brother in Law said when Winkler went to Huddersfield that it wasn’t the assistant manager they should have signed..... it was the scouting team, as they seem to unearth gems more regularly than other clubs....
    I said we were good at Polishing T urds but we sell them at second hand T urd prices

£2-3 mill for Lindsay minus 20% to partick thistle sell on fee minus£1 mill+ to owners leaves us with a big gap at the back and just enough to buy a lower lg replacement brilliant aint it

If they keep this up Daniel will be off quicker than you can say Auf Wiedersehen pet.

We can't compete with Stoke City at championship level when it comes to personal terms at this moment in time .

They are a bigger club , get greater attendances and receiving parachute money , this is the reality .

Liam was a limited defender at championship level two seasons ago , for all we know he still maybe .

The lad doesn't want to play for us , not interested anymore .

£2m plus in my opinion is decent money for a lad with a big question mark against him at this level .

He's replaceable as Bradshaw was when he left for Millwall and we got Woodrow who is twice the player .

This is not January 2017 territory when placed 7th in the championship the family silver was sold or even a risky sale of a high performer to Preston with promotion on the line .

As far as I can see Lindsay has proven to be a decent league one centre back , we aren't in league one anymore .

Stoke City could quite easily have parted with £2m plus for a complete dud .

Distribution nothing great , remember the reckless challenge on Vidra in the last minute of the cup tie at Burnley .

The calamity with Davies at Oxford that led to a goal and putting us 2-0 down .

A number of the decent league one forwards had his number only for Pinnock or Davies to bale him out , Stendel left him out after the Coventry away game when he gave the Sky Blues their winning goal with a poor defensive header .

Good bit of business for me and he's replaceable with an upgrade .

It sounds like one definate , and maybe more joining us this week , we've got good money for Lindsey , let's hope /sure it will go towards a good or better replacement , Dylan Mottley Henry , leaving soon , loan or permanent not sure ,

Fryers just joined Swindon. Its about his level.

If its 2.5- 3 mill, that's good money, he weren't great in his first season in championship, better last Yr but in LG 1, I don't think losing Liam is the end of the world, pinnock Moore woodrow mowatt and Davies (yea I know he's off), they are more important to keep hold of. Just my opinion. So I expected we'd lose at least 2 maybe up to 4 players this window, and if we only lose lyndsey and Davies, think we can count that as almost a victory. Unfortunately, bigger teams than us have to be looking at pinnock, absolute class above. Mowatt, what more do you want from a midfielder, and Browny, poss mcgeehan an all, just hope we don't lose any more, cos momentum, counts for more than ability sometimes, and we need every edge we can get. Not the end of the world losin Liam, and good luck to the lad, I'd personally stay ere rather than Stoke, but with their money parachute payments etc etc, they make him very rich. Daft to turn down some might say. Not me tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast