+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wimmins' World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The only amazing thing SB is that you watched it , not a criticism just surprised .

As far as I'm concerned world cup year is 3 years away .

On a par with women's tennis and even this massive tennis fan doesn't watch that garbage .

The standard isn't even 7th or 8th tier in this country and hardly anyone would watch that because it's not at a level TV could sell to it's audience and sponsors .

The product simply doesn't stand up .

There are sports that involve women that I can watch so s exism isn't at play here before anyone says owt .

The gymnasts are fantastic , Laura Kenny on a bike in the velodrome does it for me , a good woman athlete such as Kelly Holmes similarly .

Nobody can announce the elephant is in the room because that wouldn't be right apparently in this day and age and you'd be outed as a s exist .

I'll say it anyway , it's shyte and even Quest wouldn't touch it as a product if honesty and reality counted for owt .
    No disrespect towards women wanting to play the beautiful game. Fact it's televised will bring their game cash, nowt wrong with that. But have to agree on standard and skill level. Have to be honest about this my eldest lads old under 16 team would have hammered any of them. (Mind you they did have 2 or 3 that did go on to play professional for a while).

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Thailands gorra reyt teeurm ran the bolloxs off !
    Luvvit.

The Thai Ladyboys are laikin a prestige friendly against Doduth Ladyboys early July.

Meet artside Shaws old chipoyle 2nd July 6-00pm for coach to Brig'arse.
    Tanya to present trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Luvvit.

The Thai Ladyboys are laikin a prestige friendly against Doduth Ladyboys early July.

Meet artside Shaws old chipoyle 2nd July 6-00pm for coach to Brig'arse.
    Tanya to present trophy.
    gerriz a tikit , al treert thi to sum Tiger Balm ! Dunt gerrit up thi creviss tho

Lovely side foot finish from the French centre half.
    5 yards out, bottom corner (own goal).

I watched an embarrassing debate on the Pledge last night (Sky News programme), between 3 women that have obviously never watched football, and Gregg Dyke & Nick Ferrari.
    They were comparing prize money for the men's & women's World Cups & of course wages.
    It started with a joke penalty shoot out between Boris Johnson's sister, and Gregg Dyke. Although Rachel Johnson lost, they revealed that the goalkeeper had been told to let her win (typical).
    How can people compare the two? It's like watching a different sport. There's no power in the shots or headers, and the goalkeeping reminds me of watching my step son's under 12's. The crowds at this World Cup are full of screaming school kids.
    No male pundit dare criticise it because they'd be labelled ***ist and sacked. Even the outspoken Adrian Durham on Talksport hasn't got a bad word to say against it.
    I played with lads twice as good as these women at the World Cup and a lot of them were picking up minimum wage working 40 hours a week. Why should someone half as good as them be expecting Premier League wages just because they're women? Where's the equality in that? If you're the best woman footballer in the world but you're sh1t, doesn't mean you deserve big money.
    Perhaps if they want equality we should stop having same *** sports. Instead of men's & women's singles at Wimbledon we just had singles tennis. It's strange that the South African athlete has been ordered to lower her testosterone so she can compete. Has anyone thought to test the Williams sisters, or the women at this World Cup?
    They trumpeted the England women's cricket team when they won the World Cup, and the women's hockey team were voted Team of the Year but very few people are interested.
    I recommend watching The Pledge it gets my blood boiling every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I watched an embarrassing debate on the Pledge last night (Sky News programme), between 3 women that have obviously never watched football, and Gregg Dyke & Nick Ferrari.
    They were comparing prize money for the men's & women's World Cups & of course wages.
    It started with a joke penalty shoot out between Boris Johnson's sister, and Gregg Dyke. Although Rachel Johnson lost, they revealed that the goalkeeper had been told to let her win (typical).
    How can people compare the two? It's like watching a different sport. There's no power in the shots or headers, and the goalkeeping reminds me of watching my step son's under 12's. The crowds at this World Cup are full of screaming school kids.
    No male pundit dare criticise it because they'd be labelled ***ist and sacked. Even the outspoken Adrian Durham on Talksport hasn't got a bad word to say against it.
    I played with lads twice as good as these women at the World Cup and a lot of them were picking up minimum wage working 40 hours a week. Why should someone half as good as them be expecting Premier League wages just because they're women? Where's the equality in that? If you're the best woman footballer in the world but you're sh1t, doesn't mean you deserve big money.
    Perhaps if they want equality we should stop having same *** sports. Instead of men's & women's singles at Wimbledon we just had singles tennis. It's strange that the South African athlete has been ordered to lower her testosterone so she can compete. Has anyone thought to test the Williams sisters, or the women at this World Cup?
    They trumpeted the England women's cricket team when they won the World Cup, and the women's hockey team were voted Team of the Year but very few people are interested.
    I recommend watching The Pledge it gets my blood boiling every week.
    When the women can manage five sets I'll be the first to champion their entitlement to the same money as men .

Nobody is asking them to play five sets against the men but against each other , the truth is they are unwilling to do it and so in my mind the prize money should reflect that .

Equality works two ways , or it should , that's the crux of it at the moment it's all one way .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48629040

Unbelievable.
    Who gets paid to write this sh1t?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48629040

Unbelievable.
    Who gets paid to write this sh1t?
    Now that's funny , words feckin fail me .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123