+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if non apply ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What abart him who got a game for Southampton under Souness and was only sunday morning standard if that .

Class appointment that would be
    Our Stats lads are reportedly tekkin an interest in him.

Sum relative of George Weah wont he ?

No one will be happy, it looks like positive discrimination to me, so if a bame candidate gets a job, in back of his mind he'll wonder if it was his skin tone what got him in, meanwhile causing resentment in other candidates who'll think on the quiet, cos no one dare say owt, they'd be finished if the did, yea, got be a better way than Coercing in this fashion.

Don’t understand why this can’t be treated exactly same as any discrimination in the workplace.
    If anyone thought they had been prejudiced against they can raise it and make a case accordingly.

So in this instance let’s say for arguments sake Sol says I didn’t get an interview cos I’m black, the FA investigate and it’s up to club to prove not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Don’t understand why this can’t be treated exactly same as any discrimination in the workplace.
    If anyone thought they had been prejudiced against they can raise it and make a case accordingly.

So in this instance let’s say for arguments sake Sol says I didn’t get an interview cos I’m black, the FA investigate and it’s up to club to prove not the case.
    Difficult to prove though to be fair , it's the same with your age .

I was recently made redundant and looking for work , I applied for jobs I could do in my sleep , ticked every box , never got a reply because I'm 57 years old , could I prove discrimination , difficult to say the least .

Sol Campbell didn't get a job because he's black he didn't get a job because he not a guy you can easily connect with , comes across as a bit up his own @ss .

Up your own @ss is fine with trophies in the cabinet but unproven is another matter .

There's a fine line between arrogance and confidence and I guess he's not worked that out yet .

I was recently made redundant and looking for work , I applied for jobs I could do in my sleep , ticked every box , never got a reply because I'm 57 years old , could I prove discrimination , difficult to say the least .

Sol Campbell didn't get a job because he's black he didn't get a job because he not a guy you can easily connect with , comes across as a bit up his own @ss .

Up your own @ss is fine with trophies in the cabinet but unproven is another matter .

There's a fine line between arrogance and confidence and I guess he's not worked that out yet .
    Couldn't agree more Animal
    BTW you can say arse

It's the same as the guy who applied unsuccessfully for the job as a newsreader on TV but he had a very pronounced stammer
    He said he didn't get the job cos he was black

Agree with everything you have put there, but at least if it was raised and the FA investigated each case and the club had to demonstrate real reasons, hopefully if the discrimination did take place it would start to shine a light on it and at least make people think twice before not interviewing.
    Equally if it was genuine why they weren’t successful it would highlight why, which can only be good for the applicant to understand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12