+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Any Forward Looking Remoaners

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Rubbish. Most euro migrants come to do the low paid jobs, that we Brits won't do. Remember how many times that's rammed down our throats?
    Low paid jobs= low tax(if any)/ services used/ NHS use/social housing strain / benefits claimed(child,tax credits, etc)/education

That by my book is not in the positive of contributions, but an EU forced entitlement.
    A points system is there to prove, you have the means/support/health to contribute.
    An illiterate building laborer, with bronchial smoking problems, a wife, four kids and cat. Is never going to be beneficial. That's why the likes of Australia has a points system. But the EU says, you have to be non biased.
    If they want you, ie a young/nurse. Then they tot up your points as positive asset.

Food, works both ways. Are the Spanish and French going to make it difficult for their grapes and Oranges to reach us? Don't be daft.

Northern Ireland? Ireland doesn't want a border, neither does the UK. Only ones being awkward is the EU. You work it out.

Security? Again rubbish. The Europeans admit that they need British intelligence. Europol, is demanding access to police and intelligence files, as it is miles ahead of Europe's. Sounds like a scare story to me.

Why the focus on European policy? That's up to them. Folks want out for the same reason, that they are sick of Europe telling us what our policies should be. Goes with the territory.

Dyson has done what most manufacturers do. Go for cheap labour. he has also done it, by moving to where his next business venture will be focused. The far east.
    I think you'll find the EU has been subsidising companies to move to ****ty East Euro countries for the same reason. Yes many British companies have and are still doing it. It's ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ cheaper.

Our trade with the EU has been shrinking for some time. Europe itself is stalling. The southern Med countries are now a financial mill stone.

We have been led down this merry path for decades. All in the pursuit of political union.
    No one asked for that.
    No one here was asked about Lisbon/Maastricht. No vote for us. Others got one, rejected it and had the screw turned on them.
    That same screw is on us now.

Give me back the Common Market, with the nine similar based countries when we joined. Then I'm in.
    I disagree with everything you said, apart from the last line, (well part of it), a common market with the EU27 then I'm in too. The closest thing without being EU members is the Norway type solution. Part of the problem currently is the Tories pursuing such a hard Brexit - it hasn't got widespread support either in Parliament or the country. Some kind of compromise has to be reached, trouble is Teresa May had no idea how to do this by building on cross party support.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Why do the remainers think that the EU won't deal with us if we leave, they will still want to sell their fresh produce to us or would they rather let it rot and go bust.
    The kind of arrogance that has us in this mess. Yes everyone will still want to do business with us, but Blighty isn't the centre of the universe. It will be a pain with customs, both logistics and paperwork, then there are tariffs. Leaving the EU also gives our largest European competitors, France and Germany a massive competitive advantage selling to other EU countries. For example, if I was a major car manufacturer based in an EU country, would I buy my components from the UK, with added paperwork, travel time and taxes, or from a country still in the EU, with none of those disadvantages?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Just the point about the NHS, you are right but what about the future. I haven't met many Eastern Europeans who don't smoke at least 40 a day. They like to chuff.
    That made me smile Navy. Think smoking is on the increase amongst our young people too, indeed a problem for the future.

interesting read by QC Stanley Brodie

https://lawyersforbritain.org/wp-con...IHJpsjs4dfjCfQ
    Last edited by premierleaguescores; 10-06-2019 at 03:58 PM.

... in other words, we are actually OUT of the EU right now ... but don't tell anyone! Simply more evidence of the corrupt, self serving UK Civil Service playing its part in denying democracy for leave voters in our first-past-the-post system. The Establishment choice of the Remainer T May hasn't worked; so we'll try another way. It also highlights the failure of MP's to do their duty and expose this deception ... gravy train comes to mind ...

... whether Remoaner or Leaver, essential reading is 'The Prince', by Macchiavelli.

... or even the one by Machiavelli ...

For anybody not sure whether to click on that, it links to a kind of Daily Express editorial masquerading as a legal document in which somebody from an organisation of Leave supporting QCs (not many anti-establishment points there chaps) tries to make the case that because in the original version of article 50 there is reference to 'this period' (the 2 year period) being extendable, while in the civil service documents relating to the Brexit extension the 2 year period is referred to as 'it' rather than 'this period' THE CIVIL SERVICE ARE TRAITORS WHO WILFULLY MISLEAD PARLIAMENT AND WE'VE ALREADY LEFT THE EU.

To recap, that's based on changing 'this period' to 'it' plus the unsubstantiated claim that the period (or it) can only be extended once.

I opted for capitals to try to convey the full lunacy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... whether Remoaner or Leaver, essential reading is 'The Prince', by Macchiavelli.
    Ah, first sensible thing I've heard you say.

... 'none so deaf ... eh Driller. Perhaps if you spent less time gazing at your own arse you might be a little more convincing ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast