+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justin Edinburgh

Decent fella. Always remember Savage getting him sent off in the League cup final RIP Justin

RIP. Did well as a manager.

Only thing I remember him for in his playing days was his curtains haircut.....

Really sad news

I remember him being really obnoxious to Forest in the cup final 1991. Terrible news, very, very sad

Can't help but wonder how much the tension and pressure to get Orient out of the Conference destroyed his health. Lost my dad at the same age.

Very sad news

Very sad

Awful news. Really puts things in perspective. So sorry for his family, friends, and everyone associated with Leyton Orient.

I was shocked to hear this yesterday. Very sad indeed. Of course, Iker Casillas and Glenn Hoddle had very near misses with cardiac arrests recently as well.

It's surprising how many footballers do seem suffer heart problems after their playing career ends, considering the fitness levels they maintain as professionals. I recall reading a while ago that a lot of high level athletes have enlarged hearts as a consequence of their intense training and then have to decelerate that training very gradually when they retire, otherwise this can become a big risk. I think the article I saw was talking about the former rower, Steve Redgrave.

By all accounts, football managers go through rigorous fitness testing these days. Martin Allen wrote an article recently about this being the way he found out he had a heart condition. Sadly for Justin Edinburgh and his family, it seems his risk wasn't picked up. RIP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12