+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bury

Bury

Anything to benefit from the fallout at Bury.
    I take it Ryan got offered a wodge of money by Plymouth

I think the dire financial problems at Bury frightened Lowe away, would love to pick up Nicky Maynard he would give us that 20 a season striker we need to push on.

Promotion for Bury automatically activated another years contract for Nicky I believe. What that is worth is anybody's guess.

If not paid the shedload they gave him to renew in January I imagine the contract's void and he's free agent again. As far as Lowey's concerned i expect he'd not been paid either and with no salvation in sight, s he's not like Sol Campbell who can afford to work for nothing, much as he loves the club, had to think of his family.
    Last edited by ShropshireAlex; 09-06-2019 at 05:43 PM. Reason: omitted a point I meant to make

The Bury fiasco just goes to show how throwing money at a club is a short term solution without the means to pay off the debt. Anyone who borrows money at the interest rates their previous owner did, and puts the ground up as collateral, deserves what they get to be honest.

No surprise that Lowe left (praising the ‘legendary’ green army at Home Park as a prime reason, hmmmm), along with a couple of senior players already with, I suspect, a few more if they don’t find yet another buyer soon. With Bolton starting the season on minus 12 points there look to be only two relegation places up for grabs in L1 next season! Who’d buy a football club these days?

Bury’s woes grow ever bigger. Lowe has taken a CB and their star player Mayor with him to Plymouth, Stokes to Stevenage, Maynard to Mansfield and two down under to Brisbane.

This, with a likely CVA costing a 12 point deduction, pretty much suggests a record breaking relegation might be on the horizon. A promotion funded by debt and hot air followed by bankruptcy, relegation and quite possibly a whole lot worse.

This is the third time Bury have been in this position (not the deduction) - the fans don't deserve that, but how many just celebrated last year without seeing what lay beneath the success?

And now their GK has signed for Shrewsbury!

As you say, Shropshire, success at any cost isn’t always worth having.

Garratt on trial at Bury, playing tonight against Blackburn. Good luck getting paid there Ben! Stalling on our contract offer looks foolish now with a week to go.

Quote Originally Posted by luke_358 View Post
    Garratt on trial at Bury, playing tonight against Blackburn. Good luck getting paid there Ben! Stalling on our contract offer looks foolish now with a week to go.
    Well, he’ll get plenty of practice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast