+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barnsley sign Maranda

I think he was spotted by a scout when we were watching Knasmuller. Seems a lot of money though for someone unproven

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I think he was spotted by a scout when we were watching Knasmuller. Seems a lot of money though for someone unproven
    Reading between the lines Stendel seems to be the one driving this deal forward .

Last edited by DragonTyke; 10-06-2019 at 10:29 AM.

When I first saw this I thought we'd signed that American composer chappie to write us a new song! Anybody know owt about him?

Anymore on this lad ?

I was thinking the same? Nothing has been announced by the club?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTyke View Post
    Bit hard to take the rag seriously when they say we finished last season 3 points behind champions Lincoln

For months the transfer of Manual Maranda from FC Wacker Innsbruck to Barnsley was considered a done deal. However fans are still waiting for an enforcement report. Neither the English or Austrian clubs have confirmed the transfer.

There is a reason for this, according to LAOLA1 information there is now a lawsuit between the two clubs with the English FA involved

The charge is Barnsley broke the contract. All contracts were signed between the two clubs and Maranda but they were never registered by Barnsley. It seems a spontaneous change of mind happened.

Wacker can’t comment on the issue due to the ongoing legal process. As soon as anything can be announced they will but it’s believed there is a large claim for damages against Barnsley from the legal side.

It is the player Maranda who is suffering the most. Until the dispute is resolved the player can’t play. He’s seen a big salary increase and a large transfer fee disappear and it now waits for FIFA to clear this up.

Power struggle behind the scenes at Oakwell maybe as to who is really in control of signings ? Maybe Spud's new software didn't rate him and he pulled it when he became CEO ?
    Dog's legal teeam al sooart it wi FIFA.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 04-08-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Sounds a bit of a mess if correct, we may end up with an additional player. In the meantime not nice for the player involved who appears to have no wrong done. Needs sorting quickly IMO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123