+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mourinho

Mourinho

Rumours that he would take the Toon job and would like to talk to the Sheik.

He has won a lot but I have never enjoyed watching his teams play even when he has spent a fortune on players.

I would rather have Rafa.

The reality is, we'll have whatever manager we get because we don't get to choose, just like we don't get to choose the players a manager/club chooses to buy.

How fans respond to a new manager or allowing a sort of messiah to leave will be determined by who is running the club.
    But each and every way produces the same issue. We get what we get and like it or lump it, it's what we'll have to go with.

The [I]old[/I Mourinho...I would have been excited at the prospect.

The 2019 version? What's the phrase?...a busted flush? Given even just a bit of proper investment, Rafa would have us playing some good stuff. Look at how the football improved after Almiron came in and Rondon was fit enough to do the job Rafa wanted. Granted, some of the football we played before Christmas was turgid but that was the best we could manage with the players available. Imo, with Mourinho, we'd see that sort of shite week in, week out-look at the players he had available to him and despite that their footy was horrid to watch. No, Rafa will never budge from his safety-first principles but that doesn't mean we can#t be good to watch.

Tbh, the very fact that Mourinho is being linked with us shows you how far he has fallen because we're not exactly a top club, are we? (the flip side to that, though is that we are still a big club but there's a big difference between a 'big' club and a 'top' club).

He could never win up here with any team he brought with him.
    It would a huge kick in the balls for Rafa & Fans, If this take over goes ahead and Jose gets to spend money.

I find it very hard to believe that any new owner wouldn’t want (the fans’ choice) Rafa as our manager. It’d suggest that they don’t understand the club and anyone who sees the huge potential at Newcastle, surely does.

This is bizarre.

Debating about whether Rafa or Mouriniho gets the money to spend.

it just doesn't seem right to be so hopeful.

I just look at the players and the money he had at his disposal at Manure and his whole period there was a waste of time and money.

Whereas look at what Rafa has had at his disposal since his arrival both squad wise and money wise and what he has managed to get out of it.

There is simply no comparison between the two Mourinho has dropped down to the level of a damp squib whereas Rafa has retained his dignity and popularity both with the fans and players.

So if I read this right, we're too good for Moanrinho?

Or are we saying that Rafa is the better manager? I'm a huge Rafa fan meself but I think I need a lie down after reading that!

If any of this is legit and the Fake Sheikh is going the "go large" and try to muscle in on Top 4, we're saying that we wouldn't want Mourinho????

Granted he is a drama queen, a sourpuss and every insult he deserves, let's get serious.....

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    So if I read this right, we're too good for Moanrinho?

Or are we saying that Rafa is the better manager? I'm a huge Rafa fan meself but I think I need a lie down after reading that!

If any of this is legit and the Fake Sheikh is going the "go large" and try to muscle in on Top 4, we're saying that we wouldn't want Mourinho????

Granted he is a drama queen, a sourpuss and every insult he deserves, let's get serious.....
    I don't think anyone's saying we're too good for him, Trini.

I just think he's on the downward trajectory of his career and became almost a parody of himself during his time at Manure. That and, as mentioned, his inability to get a decent tune out of a much better squad than he would have here.

Since Fergie retired, Man U has (and continues to be) a poison chalice job. No doubt several will disagree but IMO Mourinho is still one of the best in the world (as is Rafa) and just because he´s had a couple of failures doesn´t mean he´s lost the plot or is outdated. He certainly has a strong personality and I think that leads to problems when he´s managing a team of Galacticos (clearly something he´d have no trouble with at NUFC!)

Would I prefer him instead of Rafa? No. Would I be disappointed if he were our manager should Rafa leave? Also, no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)