+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: what kind of a country ...

O/T: what kind of a country ...

... are we becoming that two lesbian women are seriously assaulted on public transport for their lifestyle?
    That parents insist on protesting in front of school gates because their children are being taught that a family doesn't always consist of a man and a woman and that it is acceptable for same *** couples to live together?
    That a theatre has to abandon a show because its actors who are part of the LGBT community are being attacked on the street? (Southampton)
    Is the influence of Trump and the far right changing the UK into a place where human rights are no longer respected?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-06-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    ... are we becoming that two lesbian women are seriously assaulted on public transport for their lifestyle?
    That parents insist on protesting in front of school gates because their children are being taught that a family doesn't always consist of a man and a woman and that it is acceptable for same *** couples to live together?
    That a theatre has to abandon a show because its actors who are part of the LGBT community are being attacked on the street? (Southampton)
    Is the influence of Trump and the far right changing the UK into a place where human rights are no longer respected?
    Firstly Trump and his policies had no influence on the attack on those girls, it was just a mindless and cowardly violent attack by a bunch of youths. To think they had the intelligence to consider the political implications of their actions is ridiculous.

As for our country, you could say the same about any country. These kind of attacks happen everywhere and there are far worse human rights offences happen in other countries.

In other news, The Labour Party is anti-semetic.

My views in italics...

Are we becoming that two lesbian women are seriously assaulted on public transport for their lifestyle?
    This unprovoked physical attack was a disgrace and the perpetrators should be hit with the full force of the law.

I don't share the view of these parents, many of which seem to be influenced by religious considerations, but they have a right to their opinion and to express that view in a non-violent way. The injunction was granted to prevent "intimidation" of children at the school gates, which I think is open to debate and sounds a slightly dubious use of the law, but I'll give the Courts the benefit of the doubt that they had the full evidence in front of them and I haven't. It doesn't alter the fact that you either have free speech or you don't. It shouldn't be outlawed just because it's a minority view.

Again, as with the attack on the lesbian couple, any physical attack on another person is rightly illegal and completely unacceptable and deplorable.

No. This has nothing to do with Trump or the far right. And with regard to the parental protests, their human right to free speech has arguably been diluted.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

I don't share the view of these parents, many of which seem to be influenced by religious considerations, but they have a right to their opinion and to express that view in a non-violent way. The injunction was granted to prevent "intimidation" of children at the school gates, which I think is open to debate and sounds a slightly dubious use of the law, but I'll give the Courts the benefit of the doubt that they had the full evidence in front of them and I haven't. It doesn't alter the fact that you either have free speech or you don't. It shouldn't be outlawed just because it's a minority view.

[/I]
    The thing is that in this pc mad world you are not allowed your point of view if you think that homo***uality is wrong,people aren't willing to listen to those views but instead start throwing claims that you are homophobic in faux outrage,I can still remember those bakers who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple because of the message on it and got taken to court for their troubles and subsequently had to close their shop,where's the equal rights there?

Not heard a thing about those parents protesting at the school gates sid, can you explain to me exactly who they are please?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    The thing is that in this pc mad world you are not allowed your point of view if you think that homo***uality is wrong,people aren't willing to listen to those views but instead start throwing claims that you are homophobic in faux outrage,I can still remember those bakers who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple because of the message on it and got taken to court for their troubles and subsequently had to close their shop,where's the equal rights there?
    Equal rights for bakers! Don't tell Mr Marinakis though.

The thing is, homo***uality isn't wrong any more than being black is wrong. Obviously I don't think either is wrong, but saying so isn't allowed, and rightly so. There is no valid viewpoint in the 21st centurty that homo***uality is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Equal rights for bakers! Don't tell Mr Marinakis though.

The thing is, homo***uality isn't wrong any more than being black is wrong. Obviously I don't think either is wrong, but saying so isn't allowed, and rightly so. There is no valid viewpoint in the 21st centurty that homo***uality is wrong.
    Would you like to borrow my shovel!

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I can still remember those bakers who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple because of the message on it and got taken to court for their troubles and subsequently had to close their shop,where's the equal rights there?
    What equal rights do you want? No gays served here? No Jews served here? No whites served here?

If you run a business it has to be based on the law of the land rather than personal bigotry. The bakers got what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What equal rights do you want? No gays served here? No Jews served here? No whites served here?

If you run a business it has to be based on the law of the land rather than personal bigotry. The bakers got what they deserved.
    Yes, they did, they won their appeal in the Supreme Court.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast