+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So when will the North Stand be knocked down?

Closing in the sides will keep the noise in better as well. Atmosphere would be awesome.

App we need the open sides of the holte end to put air around the stadium to assist the grass growth? Wrap round north as per Randy Lerners so called plan would put us up there with the best...

Now we now the ground has been sold to a trust of NSWE (clever move FFP citeh like) it paves the way for an announcement on the redevelopment of the north stand surely? Plans have already gone in for a new ticket office, museum and hotel. Im sure DD said this! Proves once again Xia is history, training ground as well bought from Recon group.
    So now await the news.....

Not sure how much the North Stand holds now, what'd be awesome though would be a similar end to the Holte and name it the Macgregor if there's enough land to go back far enough. I love the identity the 4 separate stands gives the place.

4 stands for me mate as well. It's a football ground, the home of Aston Villa Football Club, not a multi-functional stadium.

Sorry guys, its called progress. Stand still and you will go backwards. The goverment will be paying 75% of it anyway because of the CW games.
    Search VP redevelopment and you will see the concept. Loads of space at the Witton end to build new stand and more! I get the feeling our new owners mean Business

Dave - what capacity do you think VP needs out of interest?

I wouldnt go to mad but A healthy 55,000 should fit all needs. Just look at the fans who were at wembley, so many young fans. Its time!

Not all ‘progress’ is good Dave. Tradition is the heartbeat of AVFC, it sure aint fly by night glory hunters wishing to sit in a sterile bowl. All this shiny, shiny, sparkly, bling bollox is boring. Whilst spuds new stadium looks amazingly progressive, butz it aint an English footy ground, it’s an Americanised bling arena, that is the shape of a toilet bowl.

By all means knock down the NS, but replace it with ONE huge imposing one tier stand, with the same kind of grand frontage as the Holte. In fact do the same to the Holte, one tier. 50,000 capacity is plenty, with the option to expand/redevelop the Witton Lane stand.

New doesn’t make it better. Tradition and history is all we have left, the stuff on the pitch has been sh1te for nigh on 38 years. Full of false dawns, promises and the vandalisation of the Holte, into that ‘2 tier’ monstrocity.

Nah mate, down with a bling bowl, stick with probably the only thing that we’re still good at, tradition.

I see your point but have you watched a game from there? VP has loads of charactor. Its not a rebuild, just a new stand with decent facilities and 75% of it paid for. No brainer to me!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)