+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So when will the North Stand be knocked down?

Watched a match from where mate?
    Holte since mid 70’s in all of its guises. Once in the Doug, a few in the Trinity (incl the Family Stand), but not the NS. Went in the Old Witton Lane once and I stood on the Old Witton End a few times during the early 70s.
    I agree that the shabby NS needs knocking desperately, but would love to see 4 stands, old style brickwork as such.

Wrap it round, theres only one famous Holte End not two!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Wrap it round, theres only one famous Holte End not two!
    The Holte was butchered.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree then mate.

2 Tiers are a given now for the exec boxes which to be fair bring revenue to the club and create more jobs, I love the Doug as the queues for food & drink are never long - the Trinity is a joke for that. I agree on the red brick heritage, looks class and a world away from the homogeneous look of modern stadia these days.

Only went in the 'Doug' v Inter, years ago when the Holte was being done. Thing is mate there aint no execs in the Holte, so why not just make it single tier? I know ths atmosphere in the terrace suffered a little when they permanately split it up the middle (bloody cup semi-finals) but it was a living breathing thing when full.

Ah I'm just an auld fuddy duddy, just wish my Young Villan could've witnessed it just once. It's what drew me in.

All seater Stadia killed the Atmos. You can still wrap the north and still have a facade like the Holte End. I think that is the plan and inkeeping with the red brickwork, i also think it will be bigger in size than holte to accomodate the Hotel / Museum. Im also hearing it will have underground parking for the players??
    What ever they do, they just need to knock it down. Underneath the stand you can order a pint, have a Pee while putting a bet on....and on the subject of more boxes due to 2 tiers, why not have an area in the middle for wheel chair fans and give them a decent view for once now we have things like Lifts!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    All seater Stadia killed the Atmos. You can still wrap the north and still have a facade like the Holte End. I think that is the plan and inkeeping with the red brickwork, i also think it will be bigger in size than holte to accomodate the Hotel / Museum. Im also hearing it will have underground parking for the players??
    What ever they do, they just need to knock it down. Underneath the stand you can order a pint, have a Pee while putting a bet on....and on the subject of more boxes due to 2 tiers, why not have an area in the middle for wheel chair fans and give them a decent view for once now we have things like Lifts!!
    Wow, they have urinals at the betting kiosk?

Well, I take it all back mate, progress it is then.

Lol emphasising just how compact it is in the so called concourse area!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Only went in the 'Doug' v Inter, years ago when the Holte was being done. Thing is mate there aint no execs in the Holte, so why not just make it single tier? I know ths atmosphere in the terrace suffered a little when they permanately split it up the middle (bloody cup semi-finals) but it was a living breathing thing when full.

Ah I'm just an auld fuddy duddy, just wish my Young Villan could've witnessed it just once. It's what drew me in.
    Yeah the Holte certainly was a pulsating mass of limbs when packed to the rafters, some right characters too!

Must admit, i loved the idea of being able to move around. Attack the north, go higher up the stand to see, go lower when we attacked the Holte. Crazy celebrations, ooh those barriers. I remember once tying a blues scarf around the girder at the back of the Holte while standing on a barrier, everyone in the stand singing, burn burn the *******, so i did. Oh my younger days eh. The police would just wave you down, today i would be on cctv, nicked and locked up for a month or fined.
    Yes, the Holte End......

The left side.......The right side......Fun

Anyone remember when 500 Chelsea fans got in, bloody murder throughout the game, think we won, Kenny Swain scored but it was hard to watch the match with a 2 hour brawl going on......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)