+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So when will the North Stand be knocked down?

So when will the North Stand be knocked down?

Villa are expecting nearly 30k season ticket holders, so you would expect to see the old "sold out" sign in most of our home games this season?
    So surely it wont be long before the owners finally bring the bulldozers in?
    We should be commanding 50k plus crowds now back in the Prem. Anyone know if there are any plans to extend the capacity?

This reminds me a bit of when MON and randy took over. We were regularly getting 40k. I guess see how this season goes first

We need to be planning now, Wolves did.
    I thought because of the CW games we were going to get a grant as the rugby 7s was to be played at VP

How long would it take to build.

We could agree with the prem league to adjust home fixtures to add time but i see no reason why it could not be done in say, 3 -4 months, knocking it down would be easy, ground work is already done, you could build it and seat it with all the fluffy stuff, like ex boxes ect ongoing! Yep, finish our home games by end of April, no home games till Sept.....4 months.

Think it'd have to go back some way to increase the capacity significantly enough, current capacity is about right as when any bad times come our way we will see empty seats, unpopular as that may sound!

Think of how many tickets we could have sold for wembley? We anticipate 30k STs, with 3k away fans, there will a scramble every game for tickets, i bet you we see the sold out sign for the majority of home games. Its too small period. The stand is due an overhaul, we have to move with the times. Anyway, i thought the great pretender Xia promised to build the most hitec stadium in the world with his building firms!
    We have look ahead or we will never grow, speculate to accumulate and all that. Dont look back in anger i heard you say!

I take all your points Dave, I remember the season under Brian Little when we were going for the league - think we sold out 10 home games and the Wembley angle is a bit of a moot point as there'll never be an allocation bigger than 36-37k. IF our owners transform the club into a global name like Man City have become then I'd agree wholeheartedly. Looking back through our history the successful periods typically are 2 to 3 years and interest wanes when it dips away.

Yes but now its all about the money and greed takes over!

Villa announce a max of 30,000 ST, there is now a waiting list.
    As thought with away fans getting 3,000 it just leaves 7,000 for the casual supporter.
    Surely the owners will announce ground expansion soon, VP is not up to date or Big enough.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)