+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So when will the North Stand be knocked down?

Before the old Witton end was demolished there was a car park where the players parked and a door where we used to wait outside to get players autographs in the school holidays, this was before Bodymoor Heath, in those days the training seemed to be at Villa Park, there was also a derelict gym from when Villa Park was first built.

On the evidence of the last two sell out crowds and demand so high with 30k ST and 8k on standby with priority, its vitually guarantee's every match a sell with little hope for the casual supporter, im sure that 8k would have bought ST as well. Obviously we need to stay up and continue to invest but its clear we need more seats now and not just a lick of paint, its been rumoured ever since deadly was in charge we would expand. Football has moved on and in a city of 1.2 million, demand for premiership football is greater than ever with new and younger fans coming onboard. Surely the club Must be working on expansion with added incentive from central goverment aiding costs for the Rugby 7s to be played at VP in 2022.
    Anyone heard any news rumours??

Well still struggling to get a ticket and we all know in the prem the current capacity is not big enough for demand but even so, I would say forget it and spend any money we have on a striker or two. Without one, we are going back down! And thats not a reaction from today, im afraid its just me being honest with a bit of realism.
    I know what some might say, well if you go down there will be plenty of tickets and yes I will buy many but i would rather struggle and we stay up and when were established think of the ground upgrade. Im sure thats what the owners are thinking.
    Oh well, maybe it will get done in time for my retirement!

I’d heard that the Rugby 7s will be at The Ricoh Arena mate, home of Wasps RFC.

Did you not join the membership mate? Admittedly it’s been a little tougher to get tickets this season, but if you get in on the deadline, they’re available.

I’m not sure that we need a massive ground extension, 50,000 tops. We have a lot of fair-weather fans and once the novelty wears off, tickets will be aplenty. So many effed off after an hour yesterday, some around us left at half time. We also seem to have a very young support base attending matches. Kids around us were moaning to go home as soon as the heavens opened, willing to pay for the latest iPhone and club shirt, but not an effing coat!!!

Oooh, I’d better go, rant alert.

With 7k seats available for each game and 9k members, what is the point?
    Im sure there was a large element of fans just coming to see the likes of Man utd, citeh and Liverpool. Maybe next season as you say the novelty will have worn off?
    So I will have to sit tight and wait my turn and hope we stay up.
    We need a Striker and wondered just how Wes got his international call up. Would be interesting to see where they (Brazil) played him!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)