+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that free tv licences

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Agree 100% but there is one and we have to pay it whether we watch BBC or not. But as a veteran of multiple armed conflicts why am I not entitled to the same benefits that some 80 year old is?

I nearly died for my country you know. Some of those crusties have never seen conflict worse than a gang fight in Mid Craigie.

I feel entitled.
    Lol....I expect nothing except not to subsidise the 60 plus brigade.

Unfortunately even that seems beyond the realms of possibility in this country.

I was watching one of they WASPI women complaining about pensions.....first word that came into my head was entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No....there shudnt be a license.
    Personally I think there shouldn't be a BBC. Shut them down, they are all trendy, luvvie lefties. Just watch ITV and there wouldn't be a problem.

I've worked all my days, including time in the armed forces, should I get a free TV license?

I'm 56.
    When you are 75 you would have received a free tv licence just as in four years time when you are 60 you will be able to apply for your National Entitlement Card a.k.a Bus pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Couple of points/questions Islay.

Are you advocating ONLY well off over 75s have a free tv licence or everyone?

You can be on pension credit without squandering your life.....ie traditional housewife who is now widowed, carer for someone which saved the state a fortune.

It's the age entitlement thing I cannot stand and em starting to come round to the idea that it's actually the most wealthy pensioners who shout loudest.

How can you prove if you have "worked all your days".....a large percentage of today's pensioners won't have considering the mass de industrialision of the country in the 80s and 90s.

What you think of the BBC being privatised?
    Trust you to misread my post. Everybody should be entitled to receive a free tv licence when they reach 75 years of age. People who have been careful with their money and saved up for their old age are being penalised whilst someone who has not worked a day in their life or pissed their money against the wall get a free tv licence when they become 75 years of age. I am against means testing.
    It should be for everyone or no one.
    I think that the BBC should be privatised and then they could get rid of channels with poor viewing figures such as the new BBC Scotland channel which was set up as a ‘sop’ to Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP supporters and BBC Alba.

Agree 100% but there is one and we have to pay it whether we watch BBC or not. But as a veteran of multiple armed conflicts why am I not entitled to the same benefits that some 80 year old is?

I nearly died for my country you know. Some of those crusties have never seen conflict worse than a gang fight in Mid Craigie.

I feel entitled.

You will all change your tune when you all become 75 years old.
    Out of interest I assume that you applied to join the armed forces. As far as I am aware conscription has not been re-introduced since the end of National Service in the early 1960’s

i pay mine very reluctantly,how the bbc survived the saville and co pedo scandal is beyond me,they survived that and will continue to extort money from the likes of us until the house of cards come tumbling down.and then and only then will we be able to call ourselves mugs for allowing the racket to continue.

think about it how many people were shiitt scared of the tv detector van?????
    that was another lie to force people to pay! it couldnt detect a pair o tits amongst a library of scud magazines
    Last edited by shaded; 12-06-2019 at 11:25 AM.

I love pensioners except the ones that voted the wrong way in the referendums
    Can’t wait to get my season ticket discount .

Not fond of cyclists though and perpetual students do my head in.

Don’t get me started on seagulls

So on this thread so far we have prejudices against
    Pensioners
    Students
    Cyclists
    Seagulls
    BBC
    Rabid Tories (sorry Islay )

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    I love pensioners except the ones that voted the wrong way in the referendums
    Can’t wait to get my season ticket discount .

Not fond of cyclists though and perpetual students do my head in.

Don’t get me started on seagulls

So on this thread so far we have prejudices against
    Pensioners
    Students
    Cyclists
    Seagulls
    BBC
    Rabid Tories (sorry Islay )
    Everybody dislikes free loading careful with their money pensioners.

Students....left wing indoctrination from play school to uni.

Cyclists....if they don't damage the under carriage of my car I can live with them.

Seagulls...em ok, not as clever as crows but higher than average IQ than many burds from dundee😁

BBC....disband or privatise.

Rabid Tories.....there's no real conservatives in the Tory party anymore just a slightly different version of the Labour party but there are two or three smaller parties that show promise.

Can I add.....lollipop men...that's another pensioner racket.

Also....trampolines in gardens that have blown over and lay there for months.....pick it ****ing up.

Teachers born after 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Trust you to misread my post. Everybody should be entitled to receive a free tv licence when they reach 75 years of age. People who have been careful with their money and saved up for their old age are being penalised whilst someone who has not worked a day in their life or pissed their money against the wall get a free tv licence when they become 75 years of age. I am against means testing.
    It should be for everyone or no one.
    I think that the BBC should be privatised and then they could get rid of channels with poor viewing figures such as the new BBC Scotland channel which was set up as a ‘sop’ to Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP supporters and BBC Alba.
    Never really answered para 3.

So basically your an ageist.

If your old you should take take take?

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    i pay mine very reluctantly,how the bbc survived the saville and co pedo scandal is beyond me,they survived that and will continue to extort money from the likes of us until the house of cards come tumbling down.and then and only then will we be able to call ourselves mugs for allowing the racket to continue.

think about it how many people were shiitt scared of the tv detector van?????
    that was another lie to force people to pay! it couldnt detect a pair o tits amongst a library of scud magazines
    1 mass non payment would bring them down very quickly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)