+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Now that free tv licences

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    There shouldn't be an age related entitlement to free TV licence.

I can't see why a young couple starting out in life with kids for example should need to pay for something whether they use it or not while a 75 year old gets a freebie.

I also think the BBC should be funded in a different way, or be honest and call it a BBC licence just like pay per view subscription channel and let people choose to get it or not.
    Do you know Islay has paid income tax?

That appears to be a gateway to getting a free licence.

I was in two minds about the whole thing but if annoys the only overtly rabid Tory on here then I say abolish it lol

In all seriousness why is are we paying this archaic tax to fund a state broadcaster in this day and age .
    The programming is largely shote , they favour English fitba over our own and the presenters are z listed celebs who we are paying a fortune to employ .

David Attenborough is good though and he hates Rabid Tories as well :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    I was in two minds about the whole thing but if annoys the only overtly rabid Tory on here then I say abolish it lol

In all seriousness why is are we paying this archaic tax to fund a state broadcaster in this day and age .
    The programming is largely shote , they favour English fitba over our own and the presenters are z listed celebs who we are paying a fortune to employ .

Its not a state broadcaster.

Shuntz,
    When I blow the whistle about internal fraud at RBS and the NHS ticking time bomb which caused the death of my brother at the age of 56, complaining about people aged 75 getting a free TV licence will be the least of your problems.

Attenborough hates any **** that turns the heating on.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Shuntz,
    When I blow the whistle about internal fraud at RBS and the NHS ticking time bomb which caused the death of my brother at the age of 56, complaining about people aged 75 getting a free TV licence will be the least of your problems.
    Nae surprise a boot RBS, Lloyds were bad enuf but I went for a wee interview at RBS early 2000s and I was gobsmacked at what they were up to.

Em nae great fan of the NHS either and know how difficult it is to get answers oot of them when they close ranks to cover up.

Shuntz,
    That's all a bit serious when the thread was about stealing from the young to give to the old....

I must admit to shock at hearing there's fraud in banks and that the NHS isn't working correctly. Who'd have thought.

Shuntz,
    Rather than threatening repeatedly on this forum to do this why not just do it?

I think I know why right enough. I really don't think one rabid Tory OAP living the life in Islay is going to bring down the NHS and RBS but I'd love to see it so please just do it and stop bumping your gums about it.

In summary - actions speak louder than words, get the finger oot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Rather than threatening repeatedly on this forum to do this why not just do it?

I think I know why right enough. I really don't think one rabid Tory OAP living the life in Islay is going to bring down the NHS and RBS but I'd love to see it so please just do it and stop bumping your gums about it.

In summary - actions speak louder than words, get the finger oot.
    I have already taken steps regarding the fraud in RBS which has been taking place since January 2012 and my father had an attempted fraud on his RBS current account over four months after he died.

Had to laugh watching question time last night, taking class A drugs is ok among our political elite but taking the free licence aff rich pensioners is "disgusting".....brilliant.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)