+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that free tv licences

Now that free tv licences

For over 75s are to be stopped I wonder when the 1st tv licence bank will open in Dundee.

I'll go for Thursday.

Panodrama having an effect

Seniors citizens should get a free license. In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by _JG_ View Post
    Panodrama having an effect
    😉

Quote Originally Posted by Oor Wullie View Post
    Seniors citizens should get a free license. In my opinion.
    The poorer ones will (Not many left though) and the ones that hide their dosh will, the richer ones won't and the more honest won't.

I'd rather there was no licence and BBC advertised but that's unlikely to happen.

But to have a ubber liberal left wing state broadcasting corporation someone's gotta pay Willie.

This is ridiculous.
    People who have worked all their days should in my opinion receive a free tv licence when they reach 75 years of age.
    Pensioners still pay tax if they also have a company pension which they have paid into whilst people who have squandered their life and are on pension credit will still receive a free tv licence when they reach 75 years of age.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    This is ridiculous.
    People who have worked all their days should in my opinion receive a free tv licence when they reach 75 years of age.
    Pensioners still pay tax if they also have a company pension which they have paid into whilst people who have squandered their life and are on pension credit will still receive a free tv licence when they reach 75 years of age.
    I've worked all my days, including time in the armed forces, should I get a free TV license?

I'm 56.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    This is ridiculous.
    Couple of points/questions Islay.

Are you advocating ONLY well off over 75s have a free tv licence or everyone?

You can be on pension credit without squandering your life.....ie traditional housewife who is now widowed, carer for someone which saved the state a fortune.

It's the age entitlement thing I cannot stand and em starting to come round to the idea that it's actually the most wealthy pensioners who shout loudest.

How can you prove if you have "worked all your days".....a large percentage of today's pensioners won't have considering the mass de industrialision of the country in the 80s and 90s.

What you think of the BBC being privatised?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I've worked all my days, including time in the armed forces, should I get a free TV license?

I'm 56.
    No....there shudnt be a license.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No....there shudnt be a license.
    Agree 100% but there is one and we have to pay it whether we watch BBC or not. But as a veteran of multiple armed conflicts why am I not entitled to the same benefits that some 80 year old is?

I nearly died for my country you know. Some of those crusties have never seen conflict worse than a gang fight in Mid Craigie.

I feel entitled.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)