Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
Couple of points/questions Islay.

Are you advocating ONLY well off over 75s have a free tv licence or everyone?

You can be on pension credit without squandering your life.....ie traditional housewife who is now widowed, carer for someone which saved the state a fortune.

It's the age entitlement thing I cannot stand and em starting to come round to the idea that it's actually the most wealthy pensioners who shout loudest.

How can you prove if you have "worked all your days".....a large percentage of today's pensioners won't have considering the mass de industrialision of the country in the 80s and 90s.

What you think of the BBC being privatised?
Trust you to misread my post. Everybody should be entitled to receive a free tv licence when they reach 75 years of age. People who have been careful with their money and saved up for their old age are being penalised whilst someone who has not worked a day in their life or pissed their money against the wall get a free tv licence when they become 75 years of age. I am against means testing.
It should be for everyone or no one.
I think that the BBC should be privatised and then they could get rid of channels with poor viewing figures such as the new BBC Scotland channel which was set up as a ‘sop’ to Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP supporters and BBC Alba.