+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Now that free tv licences

Can’t watch QT these days as I can’t believe the thickness of some of the planted audience members

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    Can’t watch QT these days as I can’t believe the thickness of some of the planted audience members
    Totally agree Shuntz. Programme has been unwatchable for me since Brexit started. Can't stand the news programmes/current affairs stuff either. now watching re runs of Dad's Army, Only Fools & Horses etc and The Big Bang Theory.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    There shouldn't be an age related entitlement to free TV licence.

I can't see why a young couple starting out in life with kids for example should need to pay for something whether they use it or not while a 75 year old gets a freebie.

I also think the BBC should be funded in a different way, or be honest and call it a BBC licence just like pay per view subscription channel and let people choose to get it or not.
    They need to do something because they are no longer growing their sales in the UK. i think there is a very little scrutiny of their world wide activities. If Netflix and the like make fortunes selling programmes around the world based on the desire of people to watch their programmes why aren't the BBC able to do the same thing as a subscription service across the world? Even if they got £10 per month as an add on to the cable services that operate in other countries they would be rolling in cash. They should move to a monthly charge as an option for the Sky and Virgin subscribers. It might make them more able to make good programmes. If they want they can keep their direct licence customers and it might be better for them to be a bit more selective when they give free access to their services. The change in the way they propose to operate the free access seems to me to be a way of increasing their income. 2.7m freebies at present reduced to .9m freebies =1.8mx£155=£279m more money for doing absolutely nothing. No cost implications for them just £279m more in their trough for them to choke themselves on.

I'm getting a bit fed up of corporate greed and governments too supine to do anything about it. My arithmetic might be wrong but I think £275m is about 5% of their revenue. Allow them to restrict the free access to the pension credit pensioners and give the £279 m back to us all as a cut of 5% in the licence fee.
    Last edited by BCram; 14-06-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)