+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New signing!

New signing!

Club have confirmed the signing of Christopher Long a forward from Blackpool initially signed on one year deal

That's half a team of new faces so far. Good luck to them but I hate this idea of a new team every season!

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    That's half a team of new faces so far. Good luck to them but I hate this idea of a new team every season!
    I hate that too and if I'm being honest it is a factor in my dwindling interest in Motherwell and football in general.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    In fairness we didn't see a full new team last season, more a new subs bench as the majority of the starting eleven which finished season 17/18 then started 18/19. I know what you mean though and it's hugely frustrating that we can never properly build a team because any decent players we have are off after a season or less. It's not going to get any better either sadly as we've already seen so far this summer. Last season we bring two youngsters into the first team and both are standouts, yet one of them is already gone and the other will be away shortly. As I said, hugely frustrating.

That's the way football is now with players moving on under freedom of contract, they don't want to sign deals that ties them down for a long period of time. I can see this being the norm every just about every year, not just for us but other clubs as well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)