+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T The BBC time to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So excuse me Dave for misreading this?
    You put Notts county commentary on the radio over social justice for the old/housebound?

Unbelievable.

But don't worry about it. Folks have woken up to this now.
    Evolution will make the BBC extinct as pointed out. License payers are switching in droves. The BBC deserves all it gets.
    In the last few years it seems that politicians everywhere, on all sides, feel they can treat us like we’re all morons.

I just don’t know where they get this idea from.

Anyone noticed our club is enduring the worst crisis in its history?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    There are so many things these days that are free to people on benefits but payable by those above that level, if even only marginally. It makes those who apply charges that the majority cannot easily afford feel better about themselves, but I'm not buying it. Do you think pensioners are well off? I mean the ones not on benefits? Can they afford to subsidise Gary Lineker's obscene salary?

I'm guessing not. We should scrap the BBC, and that's also from someone to the left of Fidel Castro.
    Are pensioners well off is an absurd question, some are and some aren't. How else to figure out who deserves a free licence if not by means testing it somehow?

I've already said I disagree with Lineker's salary but you could carry that conversation on ad infinitum, why don't we sell Downing Street and run the government from an industrial estate, after all pensioners are subsiding that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Yep.

Have you noticed we can't do anything about it and just have to wait and see how it ends?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Yep.

Have you noticed we can't do anything about it and just have to wait and see how it ends?
    I think we are all pretty much consigned to how it will end.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Could you please refrain from hijacking OT threads with football related content

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    just for you Sid, time to have your lips around a hook.

The BBC has just shafted the over 75's now.
    Is it time this dinosaur (the Corporation not you), was dismembered now?

It offers nothing but crap programs, even loaded to its left agenda,
    No decent footy/comedy/unbiased politics/decent films. Its all cooking/selling junk/dramas that no one watches.

Yet you have to pay to watch the drivel, you don't actually watch.

Go...................................
    People have lost sight of the fact that the Tory government is responsible for this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Could you please refrain from hijacking OT threads with football related content
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by TouchEm View Post
    People have lost sight of the fact that the Tory government is responsible for this fiasco.
    You're quite right, but also quite wrong.
    The Tory government gave the BBC four years notice it was happening. It was tax payers money funding it, not the BBC.
    The BBC raises jack **** on its own, yet accumulates around £5 billion a year?
    Inflated salaries/wasted money( a billion on doing up their building etc)/jobs for the boys/rubbish programmes.
    All without accountability.
    Perhaps a referendum on this dinosaur is needed?
    I know of no one, who would willingly pay a penny to this flea pit.

Let evolution take its course, it's dead as a dodo.

To be fair the BBC do have a bit of a sense of humour, W1A is a prime example of that and probably a very accurate self parody.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast