+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The BBC time to go?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If all of a sudden you get Malware all over your phone you'll know why I suppose.
    Been using it for 6 months and no major issues as yet. Get more from this website tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    They do a lot of things really well but they are spoiled by the amount of money they have to spend, reduce their income by taking away the licence fee,make them cut thier cloth accordingly and we'll see more david attenborough and proffessor brian cox and less vanessa feltz and will i am (the last salary list i saw had vanessa feltz taking 350k a year!!!)
    I can't help but admire your optimism bridpie. But it all sounds a bit "Vote Brexit and the NHS will be £350m a week richer" to me.

I reckon BBC local football commentary would bite the dust before Feltz and Will I Am got their p45.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I can't help but admire your optimism bridpie. But it all sounds a bit "Vote Brexit and the NHS will be £350m a week richer" to me.

I reckon BBC local football commentary would bite the dust before Feltz and Will I Am got their p45.
    you're probably right, i was being optimistic i also didn't add a glass half empty comment about the government finding another way of taking 150 quid a year off us by stealth if they did ditch the licence which i'm sure they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I pay a fraction of that for a package with Virgin that includes Internet, landline and TV with BT Sports and loads of other channels like Nat Geo Wild, which is actually good. The BBC is utter ****e but I still have to pay for it.

I think a lot of lefties get confused about the BBC, like it's their friend. It isn't, it's a government news agency and we have a Conservative government. It's massively pro-Establishment and is obsequious to the Royal Family at all times. I would happily stop paying for it and never watch it again, but that option isn't available.
    Wow, all that from Virgin for a fraction of the cost? That sounds like a great deal, which I would look into if I lived in an area where you can get cable. I have also downloaded all the apps you can get for dodgy streams and tbh it’s not worth the aggro, unless it’s a game you’re desperate to watch.

I don’t like the BBC because of its politics, in fact they’ve been awful with Brexit and the likes of Farage have a season ticket to go on Question Time. It’s more because for 12ish quid a month it’s good value. I would pay 12 quid a month just for their local sport coverage. They’re doing commentary on us next season and we’re non league FFS. Good luck in a getting a purely commercial provider doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... did anyone see Newswatch (used to be Points of View). Main item was the Trump visit to UK. Love or hate him, the coverage was so liberal/left bias it made you cringe. The news editor responsible for coverage defended the BBC line to the end - so out of touch; and we pay for balanced reporting. The sooner this organisation is consigned to the bin the better.
    On the other hand, the 5 part documentary on Thatcher has been more than balanced. And what of the investigations into care homes, into abuse of people with mental issues?
    The BBC's journalism at its best is the envy of the world. The whinos on here have clearly nothing to compare it with. 'Killing Eve', 'Gentleman Jack', 'Years and Years'.
    I don't begrudge paying one penny.
    This country is so far to the right that it's no wonder a neutral broadcaster is seen as faux Communist!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    On the other hand, the 5 part documentary on Thatcher has been more than balanced. And what of the investigations into care homes, into abuse of people with mental issues?
    The BBC's journalism at its best is the envy of the world. The whinos on here have clearly nothing to compare it with. 'Killing Eve', 'Gentleman Jack', 'Years and Years'.
    I don't begrudge paying one penny.
    This country is so far to the right that it's no wonder a neutral broadcaster is seen as faux Communist!
    I'm in total agreement sidders. BBC World and the World Service are great assets to the UK on many levels.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-06-2019 at 11:01 AM.

The BBC is corrupt, and politically infantile. On the news channels im tired of listening to Bob from Oldham who has been let down by the government, or the equivalent. Its agenda is to destroy any government apart from Labour.

Its entertainment is a joke, the family sit down to watch tv after tea, and get the One show at 7-00 followed by tired soap operas that have been on for thirty years.
    Comedy is now saying the word fck, or something similar. Its mental age is ten, and as has been said, we have to pay. Thats not democracy, we have to pay infantile fascists to be fed p oo.

IT HAS TO GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Do you have a license there?, Fair question

I pay for Sky and Amazon prime. My choice.

Give me the choice with the BBC, I'll save a few quid
    So you support the services that don't pay their fair share of tax and in Sky's case are responsible for turning football into obscene capitalism - a venture that the BBC can no longer afford. Oh the ironing.
    You shouldn't take the disapproval rating on here as any way representative of the nation. On here you have largely grumpy old men (by nature if not age) with little appreciation of the arts, life membership of the 'thrash em and bash em' society and minimal experience of broadcasting around the world. The BBC's news service is still THE gold standard for truth and integrity (for all its faults).
    Last edited by sidders; 11-06-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    They can afford to pay Gary Lineker £1.7 million a year though.
    Strange that the generally right wingers on here are so upset at old Gary's pay packet. Is this.... Envy?

Clearly they must be Momentum-loving scrounging Corbynista something something Guardian blah blah hippy elitest Communist anti-democratic traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    Strange that the generally right wingers on here are so upset at old Gary's pay packet. Is this.... Envy?

Clearly they must be Momentum-loving scrounging Corbynista something something Guardian blah blah hippy elitest Communist anti-democratic traitors.
    So... what am I?.... a right winger or a left winger?

Your post makes no sense...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast