+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T The BBC time to go?

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    So... what am I?.... a right winger or a left winger?

Your post makes no sense...
    I was just quoting you as the rest used it as a jumping off point to be disgusted at the BBC for having a highly paid individual. I don't really memorise who says what to have a league table of right v left on here, apart from the ones who are incredibly obvious a la Sid one side and Black Horse the other (as examples).

I couldn't really bring myself to quote Tricky I stead, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    I was just quoting you as the rest used it as a jumping off point to be disgusted at the BBC for having a highly paid individual. I don't really memorise who says what to have a league table of right v left on here, apart from the ones who are incredibly obvious a la Sid one side and Black Horse the other (as examples).

I couldn't really bring myself to quote Tricky I stead, sorry.
    But they have a valid point in that the BBC cannot claim poverty on one hand and pay obnoxious amounts of money to individual celebrities on the other. There is no right wing, left wing view on this... it’s fact.

The obscene reality is...a lot of pensioners only interaction with the world outside their doors is the TV... the BBC now have a financial gun to their heads.

Btw... I’m left of Fidel Castro

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So you support the services that don't pay their fair share of tax and in Sky's case are responsible for turning football into obscene capitalism - a venture that the BBC can no longer afford. Oh the ironing.
    You shouldn't take the disapproval rating on here as any way representative of the nation. On here you have largely grumpy old men (by nature if not age) with little appreciation of the arts, life membership of the 'thrash em and bash em' society and minimal experience of broadcasting around the world. The BBC's news service is still THE gold standard for truth and integrity (for all its faults).
    Rubbish sid.

I get a CHOICE!!
    Any tax dodges should be punished. I don't dodge that fact and never have.
    You defend the BBC, when it is IMPOSED on me in the form of a TAX.
    I decide whether I pay for Sky or not. BTW, I don't pay for Sky sports either. I do agree with you on that one, as I did when BC said it about live football.

As for your gold star. Says who?
    BBC news is biased- fact. They never give a balanced report, only what they want you to see.
    It is well known the BBC leans to the left. In America the bias is known anti Trump, hence his spats on Twitter.

If you was to take your appreciation of the arts etc as a percentage. I'd be amazed if it broke into double figures.
    Most folks don't care, a few do.
    But why does everyone have to pay for it?
    The current tone of the BBC is to be LGBT champions, like straight people don't exist.

Truth and Integrity? Don't make me laugh.
    In the four years they have been given to sort out their funding. All they can come up with, is re taxing the aged.

Are you aware that the BBC awarded its staff, 10% last year? I wasn't.
    It took the Times to find out through the freedom of information act. The BBC said feck all.

So in essence, we've had four years, of same old. No cut backs, no wage caps, no re structuring. Just keep on lining the pot and take take take.

Any other business would go under, for its lack of customer satisfaction.
    So you're in the minority Sid. It's ****e, but legalised ****e.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bbc/

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Wow, all that from Virgin for a fraction of the cost? That sounds like a great deal, which I would look into if I lived in an area where you can get cable. I have also downloaded all the apps you can get for dodgy streams and tbh it’s not worth the aggro, unless it’s a game you’re desperate to watch.

I don’t like the BBC because of its politics, in fact they’ve been awful with Brexit and the likes of Farage have a season ticket to go on Question Time. It’s more because for 12ish quid a month it’s good value. I would pay 12 quid a month just for their local sport coverage. They’re doing commentary on us next season and we’re non league FFS. Good luck in a getting a purely commercial provider doing that.
    I agree about the BBC on politics it is so biased. They actually had a brexiteer on question time?? Wow --that does surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Rubbish sid.

I get a CHOICE!!
    Any tax dodges should be punished. I don't dodge that fact and never have.
    You defend the BBC, when it is IMPOSED on me in the form of a TAX.
    I decide whether I pay for Sky or not. BTW, I don't pay for Sky sports either. I do agree with you on that one, as I did when BC said it about live football.
    But if you watch ITV you are forced to pay for it in the form of a tax, but in their case it's a stealth tax. It's very hard to quantify, but I bet it gives less value than the BBC licence fee offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    But if you watch ITV you are forced to pay for it in the form of a tax, but in their case it's a stealth tax. It's very hard to quantify, but I bet it gives less value than the BBC licence fee offers.
    Value for money?

Ok smarty pants.
    790 000 license cancellations in 2017
    860 000 license cancellations in 2018
    2019?
    You can see where this is going. Extinction.
    The fact remains, the BBC offers nothing to anyone under 50 and they are deserting in droves to the likes of Netflix.
    Re runs of Blackadder or Game of Thrones?

Th BBC refuses to reform or change.
    It's answer to its demands for money? Back to fleecing the golden generation. From hurling themselves up beaches in France, to their only friend left in life, forced on them tax wise.

Its a meal ticket. Lineker/Claudia Winkleman(what the **** does she offer?) and 106 executives taking £16 million in wages.

It's lunacy, like the House of Lords and money for old rope,

So all the BBC haters on here would be happy to see all of our local football commentary binned to save a few quid, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    So all the BBC haters on here would be happy to see all of our local football commentary binned to save a few quid, right?
    So excuse me Dave for misreading this?
    You put Notts county commentary on the radio over social justice for the old/housebound?

Unbelievable.

But don't worry about it. Folks have woken up to this now.
    Evolution will make the BBC extinct as pointed out. License payers are switching in droves. The BBC deserves all it gets.
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 12-06-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You put Notts county commentary on the radio over social justice for the old/housebound?
    Steady on with the emotive rhetoric, as you well know they're cutting the UNIVERSAL right to a free licence for over 75s, over 75s on benefits will continue to get free licences.

There you go you've finally lured me into writing in tabloid style capitals.

Also the 10% rise you quoted in a previous post was only for a fraction of its staff, not all.

I agree with the points about too high salaries for some presenters and the fact that large organisations can become inefficient if not managed well, but as with another large organisation talked about a lot on here (!) I think we're better off with the BBC than without it.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Steady on with the emotive rhetoric, as you well know they're cutting the UNIVERSAL right to a free licence for over 75s, over 75s on benefits will continue to get free licences.
    There are so many things these days that are free to people on benefits but payable by those above that level, if even only marginally. It makes those who apply charges that the majority cannot easily afford feel better about themselves, but I'm not buying it. Do you think pensioners are well off? I mean the ones not on benefits? Can they afford to subsidise Gary Lineker's obscene salary?

I'm guessing not. We should scrap the BBC, and that's also from someone to the left of Fidel Castro.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast