+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The BBC time to go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T The BBC time to go?

just for you Sid, time to have your lips around a hook.

The BBC has just shafted the over 75's now.
    Is it time this dinosaur (the Corporation not you), was dismembered now?

It offers nothing but crap programs, even loaded to its left agenda,
    No decent footy/comedy/unbiased politics/decent films. Its all cooking/selling junk/dramas that no one watches.

Yet you have to pay to watch the drivel, you don't actually watch.

Go...................................

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

No decent footy/comedy/unbiased politics/decent films. Its all cooking/selling junk/dramas that no one watches.

Move to Australia and watch Australian TV. They you'll realise just how wonderful the BBC is. Its the equivalent of Forest fans criticising Doherty and ending up with a Coronation Street wanna be.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Move to Australia and watch Australian TV. They you'll realise just how wonderful the BBC is. Its the equivalent of Forest fans criticising Doherty and ending up with a Coronation Street wanna be.
    Do you have a license there?, Fair question

I pay for Sky and Amazon prime. My choice.

Give me the choice with the BBC, I'll save a few quid

We dont pay for a license but that is reflected in the standard of TV. Asside from all the usual crap on advertising supported channels which is pretty similar to the ****e you lot get ABC and SBS best programs are the ones they get off the BBC. I am pretty much Netflix only nowadays anyway I seem to find everything I need on there for a small fee each month plus a bit of the ABC ap and happy campers. Any news can be obtained online so TV for me is almost redundant.

So you support the services that don't pay their fair share of tax and in Sky's case are responsible for turning football into obscene capitalism - a venture that the BBC can no longer afford. Oh the ironing.
    You shouldn't take the disapproval rating on here as any way representative of the nation. On here you have largely grumpy old men (by nature if not age) with little appreciation of the arts, life membership of the 'thrash em and bash em' society and minimal experience of broadcasting around the world. The BBC's news service is still THE gold standard for truth and integrity (for all its faults).
    Last edited by sidders; 11-06-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So you support the services that don't pay their fair share of tax and in Sky's case are responsible for turning football into obscene capitalism - a venture that the BBC can no longer afford. Oh the ironing.
    You shouldn't take the disapproval rating on here as any way representative of the nation. On here you have largely grumpy old men (by nature if not age) with little appreciation of the arts, life membership of the 'thrash em and bash em' society and minimal experience of broadcasting around the world. The BBC's news service is still THE gold standard for truth and integrity (for all its faults).
    Rubbish sid.

I get a CHOICE!!
    Any tax dodges should be punished. I don't dodge that fact and never have.
    You defend the BBC, when it is IMPOSED on me in the form of a TAX.
    I decide whether I pay for Sky or not. BTW, I don't pay for Sky sports either. I do agree with you on that one, as I did when BC said it about live football.

As for your gold star. Says who?
    BBC news is biased- fact. They never give a balanced report, only what they want you to see.
    It is well known the BBC leans to the left. In America the bias is known anti Trump, hence his spats on Twitter.

If you was to take your appreciation of the arts etc as a percentage. I'd be amazed if it broke into double figures.
    Most folks don't care, a few do.
    But why does everyone have to pay for it?
    The current tone of the BBC is to be LGBT champions, like straight people don't exist.

Truth and Integrity? Don't make me laugh.
    In the four years they have been given to sort out their funding. All they can come up with, is re taxing the aged.

Are you aware that the BBC awarded its staff, 10% last year? I wasn't.
    It took the Times to find out through the freedom of information act. The BBC said feck all.

So in essence, we've had four years, of same old. No cut backs, no wage caps, no re structuring. Just keep on lining the pot and take take take.

Any other business would go under, for its lack of customer satisfaction.
    So you're in the minority Sid. It's ****e, but legalised ****e.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bbc/

Rubbish sid.

I get a CHOICE!!
    Any tax dodges should be punished. I don't dodge that fact and never have.
    You defend the BBC, when it is IMPOSED on me in the form of a TAX.
    I decide whether I pay for Sky or not. BTW, I don't pay for Sky sports either. I do agree with you on that one, as I did when BC said it about live football.
    But if you watch ITV you are forced to pay for it in the form of a tax, but in their case it's a stealth tax. It's very hard to quantify, but I bet it gives less value than the BBC licence fee offers.

No, just as well because it is bile, bilge, utter fkn garbage.

Ficky Tricky strikes again. The Tories hand over the cost of the over 75s free licence to the BBC who obviously can’t afford to keep it, what with it being a fifth of their entire budget, and Ficky blames...the BBC.

They must love useful idiots like you. You fall for it every time. Doff cap and tug forelock.

They can afford to pay Gary Lineker £1.7 million a year though.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast