+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitbas F@cked

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ve got no interest in European football, including Aberdeen. I’d much rather the club arranged a pre season friendly for optimal foreign boozing, than playing qualifiers.
    When would we play this European pre-season friendly?

Not that i care, but what happens if this super duper elite league that we are heading to gets dominated by the same couple of clubs as tends to happen in any league setup.

Just because they are all big rich clubs, does not mean some are not richer than others and have an advantage. The prize money will be like the champions league on steroids with gaps between sucessful and unsucessful clubs soon forming.

Will people still watch if Real Madrid win it every year. Would Man U fans still watch if they were a mediocre mid table team or fighting relegation back to diddy domestic leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    When would we play this European pre-season friendly?
    Pre season

Pre season

Quote Originally Posted by MerklandRoad84 View Post
    Not that i care, but what happens if this super duper elite league that we are heading to gets dominated by the same couple of clubs as tends to happen in any league setup.

Just because they are all big rich clubs, does not mean some are not richer than others and have an advantage. The prize money will be like the champions league on steroids with gaps between sucessful and unsucessful clubs soon forming.

Will people still watch if Real Madrid win it every year. Would Man U fans still watch if they were a mediocre mid table team or fighting relegation back to diddy domestic leagues?
    Correct. The strongest will dominate just as they do in domestic leagues BUT - there is a way out. They would possibly try to copy the NFL system - ie four or five divisions with teams qualifying for playoffs. They would also have to bring in strict transfer regulations and try to ensure that the players entering the Euro leagues had been recruited from the domestic leagues with the worst teams each year getting the first pick of the talent. The alternative is that - even at this elite level - fitbas fecked.

Quote Originally Posted by MerklandRoad84 View Post

It really doesn’t matter what happens once they bugger off, a plague on all their houses, I say. The key point is that assuming the vast majority of TV money goes with them then all the better for the rest of us left behind. There will still be stronger and weaker teams but it should level off competition significantly as for instance celtics income may be cut by say £20 million every season. That will soon bring them back towards the pack in Scotland.

Pre season
    Which would mean the team coming back at least a couple of week’s earlier than we do now.
    What wrong with having these “European friendlies” as part of the Europa League campaign?
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 13-06-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Which would mean the team coming back at least a couple of week’s earlier than we do now.
    What wrong with having these “European friendlies” as part of the Europa League campaign?
    Hopefully m88 or fitever gets scope to cheer on the once michty in the Europa league campaign, last season we got a difficult tie, we will just have to see how difficult it is this season, regardless(ffs!) I’m f ucked if I’m giving up sunshine/golf and whatever else to travel overseas for a friendly.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Hopefully m88 or fitever gets scope to cheer on the once michty in the Europa league campaign, last season we got a difficult tie, we will just have to see how difficult it is this season, regardless(ffs!) I’m f ucked if I’m giving up sunshine/golf and whatever else to travel overseas for a friendly.

SF
    As a seeded side in QR1 & QR2, we should get favourable draws on paper, although nothing is guaranteed.

Not qualifying for the Europa league would be the biggest hurdle

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast