+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They are coming for us next...

They are coming for us next...

The US administration says it will "push back" against Jeremy Corbyn to prevent him becoming our next Prime Minister.

Trump obviously fancies taking over the Royal Family's Disneyland following his recent visit...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...against-corbyn

Absolutely correct BT. The USA should not be meddling in our elections. Haven’t they had enough problems with the Russians interfering in theirs. I personally think Corbyn is totally unfit to be PM but it should be for our electorate to decide that.

I agree with outwood. Trump and his cronies should but out of our politics.

Of course they would love us to sever ties with the EU, and to put in place a "trade deal" which would make our current deal with the EU look very good indeed.

Without doubt they are manipulated and interfering with our politics.
    The EU to their great credit, never play these games.
    They certainly want a piece of our institutions such as the NHS.
    They certainly want us to mirror their foreign policy - which we should not countenance. Trump has some very questionable mates in the world.

On a personal level, I would be very reluctant to sign up to a major trade deal with the USA whilst an unpredictable bloke like Trump is in charge.

I totally agree 59-60, anyone one who would trust Trump needs their head examined. But it would seem that both Johnson & Farage appear to be so far up Trumps backside that they will agree with anything he says. I do not support any political party but if we agree a trade deal with the USA whilst Trump is in charge it will not be to the benefit of the UK.

TTIP chaps, ever heard of it ? It's a proposed trade deal between the EU and USA, the negotiations are being carried out in secret, our government has no input into those negotiations, if we remain in the EU we will be signed up to it whether we like it or not. It seems perverse to me to be fretting about a bespoke trade deal with the USA, negotiated by our own government on our behalf, while the EU is currently negotiating one we will be signed up to without a fecking clue what is being negotiated on our behalf.

I can only suppose that's what happens when TDS and BDS work in tandem, that is one lethal cocktail.

A lot of differences there Sinkov.

The GDP of the USA is $15.68 trillion while ours is $2.44 trillion. Six times smaller.

The EU is bigger than the USA. Therefore we are talking about negotiating a deal among equals here. The EU can, and will, broker a deal that is far more advantageous than the UK can alone.

Then there is the probability that we will be negotiating from a position of extreme weakness once we have binned our deal with the EU. We will be desperate to do a deal with the USA - and they know it.
    If you expect negotiating with Trump will be easy and he will be kind to us then you see him completely differently than I do.

Safety in numbers.

Now, bugger off and enjoy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I totally agree 59-60, anyone one who would trust Trump needs their head examined. But it would seem that both Johnson & Farage appear to be so far up Trumps backside that they will agree with anything he says. I do not support any political party but if we agree a trade deal with the USA whilst Trump is in charge it will not be to the benefit of the UK.
    What and you think the cronies at Brussels is ?

Trump is a genius , you may not like him and he gets stuff wrong , nevertheless he’s a genius.

Wish we had him here, brilliant for business and his country, isn’t that what we want ? Most other things fall into line after that.

Makes me laugh when I read what people put he’s this he’s that he’s building a wall it’s not on , well Obama still patrolled the region and had fences that didn’t do the job but that was ok wasn’t it when Obama kicked the Mexicans out.

He’s trying to get a control on immigration and stop billions of dollars drug money and drugs entering America.

Your right he must be a helmet ?

Can you imagine that here there would be public outcry with all the do Gooders allowing terrorist,
    drug barons , and worse into our country I mean it would be against their human rights to not let them in wouldn’t.

I like Trump - he unsettles the comfortable who have had free reign previously.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    TTIP chaps, ever heard of it ? It's a proposed trade deal between the EU and USA, the negotiations are being carried out in secret, our government has no input into those negotiations, if we remain in the EU we will be signed up to it whether we like it or not. It seems perverse to me to be fretting about a bespoke trade deal with the USA, negotiated by our own government on our behalf, while the EU is currently negotiating one we will be signed up to without a fecking clue what is being negotiated on our behalf.

I can only suppose that's what happens when TDS and BDS work in tandem, that is one lethal cocktail.
    Well stated Sinkov. Most people are blind to the mischief of the progressives; who can depend on Main Stream Media to cover for them. Good economic numbers here today not covered much as it's a threat to Brexit narrative. We need to be free and soon. Silicon valley is well on it's way to silencing Conservative type voices; must not effect the Marxist narrative before the 2020 election God forbid. They must not fail next time to finish America off with Illegal immigration changing the voting dynamics. They were so close last time they could taste it; now the are insane and it;s quite funny to watch. MAGA.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 11-06-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    A lot of differences there Sinkov.

The GDP of the USA is $15.68 trillion while ours is $2.44 trillion. Six times smaller.

The EU is bigger than the USA. Therefore we are talking about negotiating a deal among equals here. The EU can, and will, broker a deal that is far more advantageous than the UK can alone.

Then there is the probability that we will be negotiating from a position of extreme weakness once we have binned our deal with the EU. We will be desperate to do a deal with the USA - and they know it.
    If you expect negotiating with Trump will be easy and he will be kind to us then you see him completely differently than I do.

Safety in numbers.

Now, bugger off and enjoy yourself
    You must have noticed by now 59, the Donald detests the EU, he'll stiff them every which way he can, on the other hand he loves us Brits and our country, the loony left apart, but no one loves them anyway except possibly their mothers, he even owns golf courses here. No need to worry, he'll see us right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)