+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: For goodness sake..........

For goodness sake..........

....... how long is it going to take before we appoint a new Head Coach/Manager? This situation cannot continue and must be concluded as quickly as possible. I don't think that I can recall any other club taking this long. What many don't appreciate is that it's not since the end of the season that we should have been looking but since Moore's departure. If we're not careful this club is going to go into free fall and if the present incumbents can't get it sorted give the job to someone who can. I'm getting to the end of my tether with the club!

It’s almost as bad as the Tory leadership contest.

I never understand why these things take so long FFS.

Something like this should be concluded within a week.

Once the new leader is chosen parliament then goes into recess for the summer holidays so in effect there’s very few working days in which to sort things out before 31st of October.

This Albion situation is the same.

What chance any new manager when it comes to success??

I hope you guys dont mind me posting on your board, lot of my family are Baggies so I hope its ok.

Mickd1961 I hope the two appointments you mentioned dont get mixed up and you get Boris as manager and Pullis is the new Prime Minister......

If i remember correctly, the last time we waited so long for a manager we ended up with Alan flu kin Irvine. It would just be our luck this incompetent board make an underwhelming choice again.

the reality is a big Lai

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    ....... how long is it going to take before we appoint a new Head Coach/Manager? This situation cannot continue and must be concluded as quickly as possible. I don't think that I can recall any other club taking this long. What many don't appreciate is that it's not since the end of the season that we should have been looking but since Moore's departure. If we're not careful this club is going to go into free fall and if the present incumbents can't get it sorted give the job to someone who can. I'm getting to the end of my tether with the club!
    The reality is while Lai is the owner we are going backwards. Jenkins & Dowling are working to his financial constraints.
    We don't have a plan to get back to the Premiership- mid table championship is now our ceiling - who knows our floor?
    All this dilly-dallying is the result of limited resources & even more limited vision-
    Whilst |Lai is the owner we are going in one direction only and that is backwards

Quote Originally Posted by DorsetGoldandBlack2 View Post
    I hope you guys dont mind me posting on your board, lot of my family are Baggies so I hope its ok.

Mickd1961 I hope the two appointments you mentioned dont get mixed up and you get Boris as manager and Pullis is the new Prime Minister......
    To be honest Dorset that’s not a bad combo.

Remember the way Boris tackled Lother Matheus in that televised annual charity match a few years ago!?

I’d rather Pulis negotiating for us with the EU than May!

It is now less than 4 weeks until 8th July when we fly off for pre season training and the start of pre season friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    It is now less than 4 weeks until 8th July when we fly off for pre season training and the start of pre season friendlies.
    I hope I'm being overly cynical here but reading that makes me wonder if our manager is already at the club but just waiting to be announced. If someone with a higher profile had been put in place even to officially start at a later date then you'd think it would be announced to push S/T sales. Hope I'm wide of the mark but the lack of urgency is concerning and appointing someone cheap certainly fits the way the club is being run at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    If i remember correctly, the last time we waited so long for a manager we ended up with Alan flu kin Irvine. It would just be our luck this incompetent board make an underwhelming choice again.
    Mel left on May 12th and Irvine was appointed on June 14th.

A positively jet ski like turn around by comparison with the heavily laden deep sea trawler approach of today.

It may have been wise to cast our nets a little further and deeper back then.

This may explain the board's insistence on dredging the Mid Atlantic Trench for candidates this time around.

Let's just hope we don't end up between a rock and a hard place.

If the new man is on 30K a week then not appointing him is saving over 130K per month.
    Likewise the signing of new players would add to the wage bill with income from TV and punters at matches being zero.
    We all know these things need to be sorted but I fear li only sees the money

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)