+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who should be the six?

So who should be the six?

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...tDpm2Y.twitter

I reckon a goalie, right back, left back, left and right winger and a forrud.Plus like for like replacements for Vaulks/ Ajayi/ smith if they go. You could argue we need more than 2 wingers if all 4 of the present lot go because we wont have wing cover for suspensions and injuries.

Warne is also on about changing formation this year so maybe he wont play with out and out wingers.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 11-06-2019 at 09:35 AM.

I fully expect us to leave it too late yet again

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I fully expect us to leave it too late yet again
    Despite being moist with anticipation I'm preparing to be underwhelmed

4 of those will be loan players

3-5-2.....next season.
    No need for Newell, Williams, Taylor or Forde.
    Plenty of options to change formation to suit the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    3-5-2.....next season.
    No need for Newell, Williams, Taylor or Forde.
    Plenty of options to change formation to suit the opposition.

Quite like the thought of that Casper and believe it was Wilder's model for the blunts which did ok for them didn't it? We would need plenty of centre back and wing back cover for that though. We could't have out and out wingers as wing backs look how poor our wingers were last year at helping out the defence.

It would also be nice to see someone at the side of Smudge as well and we might see him getting more goals as well.

Think Ronnie Moore played a similar system when he took us up to the championship but think that was more of a 3 4 3 system.

3-5-2 should have been where we started last season as the players we had were tailor made for that formation. With players going and new faces coming in it is hard to suggest what formation we should adopt until the squad is finalised.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    3-5-2 should have been where we started last season as the players we had were tailor made for that formation. With players going and new faces coming in it is hard to suggest what formation we should adopt until the squad is finalised.
    With three of the four wide players having left the club I suggest the players coming in won't be as good as what's left.
    He's already brought an extra striker in which could suggest he MAY play two up front.
    If he insists on playing one up front in League 1 then good luck on that one.
    Goalkeeper , Right-Back, Left Back, Centre Back and one wide left player needed in my opinion based on Ajayi and Purrington leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...tDpm2Y.twitter

I reckon a goalie, right back, left back, left and right winger and a forrud.Plus like for like replacements for Vaulks/ Ajayi/ smith if they go. You could argue we need more than 2 wingers if all 4 of the present lot go because we wont have wing cover for suspensions and injuries.

Warne is also on about changing formation this year so maybe he wont play with out and out wingers.

One position we don’t need at the moment is a left back Hinds, Purrington And Mattock! But we do need another centre back !

. With players going and new faces coming in it is hard to suggest what formation we should adopt until the squad is finalised.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this bit. Need players first.
    I'm sure PW and team will only decide on formations after looking at the players after the serious friendlies...wba etc....and then it might change after we start the season as it did after Brentford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast