+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funding needed.

Funding needed.

I have started my own film company, and this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor. Inspired by a scene in Bonanza, i am planning to produce a film, called "Backs."

In this episode, Ben Cartwright was knocking on a door. Behind it was the man he was looking for, who had a gun to his head, and was told not to answer it. After knocking for a while, and trying the handle he turned around and left, vowing to return.

My plan is to film a series of different door knocking, Theresa May, knocking on the door of her husbands bedroom, Putin knocking on the door of the cells in the Kremlin, an Astronaut knocking on the door of a space capsule hoping to get back in, and captain Kirk knocking on a door on the starship enterprise which doesnt automatically open.

I will be writing the script in regards to the peoples oaths. Its called "Backs" because my plan is too zoom in on peoples backs as they walk away, or float away in the case of an Astronaut. I will need at least a hundred pounds. Thanks

Carlos the Jackal.

Inspired Frank, inspired. I assume that you need the hundred quid to get it developed at Boots.

I’m out.

Thats your loss griff. I am planning about an hour and a half. There will be a submarine scene with a diver unable to get back in and looks anxiously at his watch as his air is running out, and blows anxious bubbles. Then there will be a patient knocking on a doctors door, and the doctor calls come in, the patient turns the handle but the door wont open.

So he knocks again, and the doctor calls come in, but he cant. I am planning this one to go on for ten minutes. Then theres Adolf knocking on the door of heaven, we all know how that ends, and Carlisle fans knocking on the door of div 1, we also know how that ends.

I cant get past the frustrated people saying Bo llocks. Is that too coarse? I need help.

Won't the submarine scene be a bit expensive Frank or are you planning a Thunderbirds puppet type film,I would stick with the doctor scenario if I was you because after all a door is a door and you can film that anywhere,you can thank me in the credits

I will give you the credit of a creative consultant, with an address in Hollywood.

Very imaginative Frank.

I got a letter from HMRC this morning Frank saying that they owe me £1450* so I've some spare cash to invest in the entertainment business if the returns are good,what can you offer me?

*It's great being retired,do you get them every year?

Name:  IMG_20190618_095823739.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  91.4 KB

Responsibility to yourself is a priority, if you have debt, wipe it out. That in itself will pay enormous dividends. If you have no debt then splash out, at our age we could keel over any time. Investments are a waste of time, as we havent any. New clothes, after shave, a new tv etc, or if your feeling it in regards to County, a season ticket.

Investing in films is a loser. I saw that Tolkien film recently, i fell asleep, the cinema was empty. I wonder if its me but most films seem childish, stupid, and superficial, falling asleep happens all the time. There are more super hero films by the minute, there is nothing for the mature film buff. The humour in a film like backs will not register with most people, even thirty year olds have a mentality of 17.

The richer society becomes, the more childish it is, money is an injection to aid our destruction, the tendrils of demise are truly fiendish and unexpected from where it emerges. Dont worry about your windfall though... in the grand scheme its not much.

It's not the best promotion for funding that I've heard Frank so I think that I will keep my money out of your film for now,I haven't seen a really good film in years,infact I can't even remember which film the last one was that I really enjoyed,I tend to lose interest if the first 15 minutes isn't any good but they have been showing Ealing comedies on bbc2 last week and I did enjoy those,Alistair Sim was a great actor
    £1450 is nothing really but when its posted through the letterbox unexpected it's a great surprise,I see it as a sign from God,as soon as I decided to go back down to Meadow Lane I get the money for a season ticket out of the blue,I'm gonna put £50 in the collection tray on Sunday and the rest can go in the bank,I've got no debts at all,my house and car are both paid for and I'm not bothered about expensive holidays otherwise I would have stayed on at work

Ive mentioned the law of attraction before, act like you have it. If its money, money will come to you, or anything else. Expect bad things.....bad things come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)