+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window Is Open Later!

Transfer Window Is Open Later!

The Millers boss concluded by adding that the new later deadlines for League One and League Two could see clubs hanging fire until the latest possible chance in the window to recruit.

“A lot of people might leave it a little bit later because they've got the opportunity to.”

This has always been a problem for us! We have always seemed to have left everything until the last minute and we've paid the price for that. Either by having to start the season waiting for a player to arrive like last season (Towell) that doesn't allow us to start with the desired team or we just leave it too late because the club we're dealing with want to wait until the last minute to do a deal.

I hope that Scott has big enough balls to say it's for this date or bugger off!

I thought the club wanted recruitment sorted for the Germany trip.

Fail to prepare......prepare to fail.

I don't mind this because, as a Yorkshire man, I have plans / projects to do and if money was no object I'd be out there buying the materials at any old price. However - I am a Yorkshire man so I have the plans / projects in the old noggin - with potential variations that could be achieved when appropriate material turn up at the right price. I don't put myself under any time pressure I just keep my eyes open and if a bargain becomes available - I know "it'll do"! Quality isn't undermined but project costs are minimised and that always brings a wider smile tut face than owt else!

So......Take yer time lads - but get it reat!!!

Gills will have done all their recruitment by 17.00 today

As a single measure of spirits in a pub was 1⁄6 gill - that's not too difficult.

We'll have played 2 month of the season before the window shuts if memory serves. It's the end of September that it closes for league 1 & 2. That is at least 18 points played for so being done early could be a big points boost.

If it closed at Christmas we'd still be scrambling around on Christmas Eve for last minute bargains.

“The Millers boss concluded by adding that the new later deadlines for League One and League Two could see clubs hanging fire until the latest possible chance in the window to recruit”

Smacks of a new excuse for not getting players “over the line”

James Norwood just signed for Ipswich Town as a free agent .

Heard mixed reports about him Animal.

How far have Ipswich fallen recruiting players like him. They wouldn't have done that 2-3,years ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast