+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley turn down £1m for Lyndsey..... according to this

Barnsley turn down £1m for Lyndsey..... according to this

Barnsley have reportedly turned down a bid of "over £1m" for defender Liam Lindsay - who has been linked with a summer move to Derby County.

The Scottish Sun are reporting that the Tykes, promoted to the Championship last season, have rejected the approach from Serie A outfit Brescia, with the Oakwell club valuing their commanding centre-back higher than the offer made.

The 23-year-old - who joined Barnsley for an undisclosed fee from Partick Thistle in 2017 - made 46 appearances in 2018-19 as Daniel Stendel's side finished second in League One with the division's best defensive record.

Derby are one of five Championship clubs said to have an interest in Lindsay, with West Bromwich Albion, Stoke City, Middlesbrough and Brentford also linked.

Derby County boss Frank Lampard 'on six-man shortlist' for Chelsea job

The report says Barnsley "are braced for more interest".

The Rams saw Chelsea centre-back and player of the year Fikayo Tomori return to his parent club following their defeat in the play-off final to Aston Villa.

Alex Pearce is joining Millwall next month, while Efe Ambrose was one of five players confirmed as "not currently offered new terms" on the club's retained list.

Well reading between the lines he's probably the one who is looking to chase a few quid the most , I take it as read Davies wont be here next season .

Personally I'd take £1.5m for him and get him out of the door now rather than have to accept the routine knock down offer in January plus trying to find a replacement in the more difficult of the two windows .

We've made a few quid on him and he can be replaced , its Pinnock leaving the club that would cause us the most trouble .

Don't get me wrong I want him to stay but if his head is elsewhere before we've even kicked a ball back up in the championship then it's best he moves on .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well reading between the lines he's probably the one who is looking to chase a few quid the most , I take it as read Davies wont be here next season .

Personally I'd take £1.5m for him and get him out of the door now rather than have to accept the routine knock down offer in January plus trying to find a replacement in the more difficult of the two windows .

We've made a few quid on him and he can be replaced , its Pinnock leaving the club that would cause us the most trouble .

Don't get me wrong I want him to stay but if his head is elsewhere before we've even kicked a ball back up in the championship then it's best he moves on .
    I dont rate him. Powder puff Martin Cranie MK 2. Hate these over hyped players based on nothing.

How much is he worth ? 1.5 million and let him go

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    How much is he worth ? 1.5 million and let him go
    Maybe worth more but tend to agree 1.5 and let him out of the door - could be wrong but i suspect Stendel is planning the coming new season without him as he knows the player preference is to move on

Plenty of time left in this window yet. As were already short of defenders, buying one or two anyway wont affect the bidding clubs. Let them try to outbid each other, squeeze every last pound out of them. If we dont sell now what's it matter, he'll go in January and we'll still make a few quid on him and the signings will have had a few months to acclimatise and get up to Daniels speed. Seems like a win win to me.

It would seem that this Miranda chap is a replacement for Jackson.

If Lindsay goes (£3million and nothing less) then I imagine we will go back in for Kerr as his replacement.

Miranda hasent signed yet tho FJH ? A replacement for Jackson ? Is that what we need ? I'm hoping having stepped up a league , we have to get someone in who can and has the ability to play Championship football, this division doesn't allow for learning the game , it's the hardest Division in Europe outside the Premiership , Jackson did fine whilst here , credit to him for that too , experience is needed now if we are to even survive relegation , which personally I don't think will involve us

We'll be reight in 18 years when my little lad is playing centre half. Just had 20 week scan. Expecting a lad. Should see size of his dopper too

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    We'll be reight in 18 years when my little lad is playing centre half. Just had 20 week scan. Expecting a lad. Should see size of his dopper too
    Gudden Ponte xx dunt tek afta his Fatha then all the best lad that's great news

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast