+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If they're offering 6 million you could look at it as paying £500,000 for each point saved in terms of avoiding the -12 deduction. It's more than just the points though, the club is going to be crippled for as long as it remains in admin, which presumably isn't going to be an overnight process.

Can somebody clarify what the punishment is exactly. Do we get a -12 deduction but stay in tier 5 or would we be demoted straight to level 6 and get hit with a -12 there, or is it level 6 but start on zero?..... or is that dependent on when we go into admin (pre or post fixtures for example).
    It's just a points penalty, you get demoted if we were to remain in Admin by the start of season 2020/21 if we were to not be promoted of course (I'm an optimist...)

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    There are 28 days to the 9th July so all this talk of admin is a bit premature the time to start worrying is then, with the SA's in London yesterday and today hopefully we will hear something by the weekend.
    Quite right. The club’s solicitor said in court that the deal was likely to take about 4 weeks to complete, so why is anyone surprised that it hasn’t been completed 1 week after that statement?

Can we believe anything that is being said at the moment ?!

We could fold that is still possible if things go very wrong I dont think it will come to that but admin is not something i'd rule out.

Basically the fans who have already paid for ST have been conned not that I was daft enough to give AH my money.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    That wont happen they don't have any money. As proven when it got to the part of their proposed purchase of Chesterfield and they could not pay anything missed 3 deadlines and the deal was pulled.

The only way these people would acquire Notts is if we went into admin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    You come on here spouting you have a source and willing to say who that source is? P1ss off you idiot
    Ermmmm what's with the hostility?! It's up to you if you believe me or not. But no need for that.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Ermmmm what's with the hostility?! It's up to you if you believe me or not. But no need for that.
    No hostility just pointing out that your post lacks any adherence to what we do know. I dont believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    For the benefit of the rednecks up in FNQ, can you explain what you mean by "mute point?"
    I think he means moot point but remember he's an Aussie these days and they talk funny

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    For the benefit of the rednecks up in FNQ, can you explain what you mean by "mute point?"
    Bah humbug Bundy boy!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I think he means moot point but remember he's an Aussie these days and they talk funny
    No I just cant spell Sid! Hope you are keeping well

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If it is admin, doesn’t that open up the possibility of anyone buying the club, not just those who are sniffing around currently?
    If it's admin then the administrators will accept the best offer. Not sure if it's sealed bids, but you'd expect that to be the South Africans.

If, as the OP suggests, the SAs are waiting for admin and the May consortium offer a late, vastly reduced (but still better than admin) offer to Hardy then you can be sure he'll go to the SAs and ask if they can beat it.

Either way, the SAs would appear to hold most of the cards (actual money) unless they think Hardy's trying to play them off.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We could fold that is still possible if things go very wrong I dont think it will come to that but admin is not something i'd rule out.
    It's simply a fact that administration or liquidation are entirely possible until that tax bill is paid and the winding up order dismissed.

Clearly, sufficient evidence was provided at the previous court hearing to convince HMRC to give us extra time, but I suspect that this patience won't outlast 10 July, and besides, if nothing has been resolved by then, the National League will have no cause to trust us to fulfil our fixture commitments, and we won't even be able to assemble a proper squad in time for kick-off.

Whichever way this is all going, I think we'll have a pretty firm idea of that direction by 10 July if not before. We're reaching the endgame where a deal either needs to be concluded, or we could be looking (as 'sidders' has predicted more than once) at further demotion or even extinction. I don't think that's being too alarmist, it's just stating the obvious.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast