+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    No I just cant spell Sid!
    Just like other three letter words such as cat and dog, sid is pretty simple to spell.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger! Just prepare yourselves for the possibility of admin.
    This is Notts, so I'm prepared for anything from liquidation and administration through to having mega-rich new owners. Experience has taught me that the former is more likely than the latter, but all I can do personally is to keep supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I think he means moot point but remember he's an Aussie these days and they talk funny
    I know what he meant to say...just some one upmanship over the southern nancys

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Hardy was up at the Trent uni Clifton campus last week, looking at the pitches.
    He's asking everyone for a place to train next season. Getting desperate, if only he'd kept another promise we'd have our own training ground by now and an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    So buying the club for a quid and with -12 points is one hell of a gamble with a possible outcome of another relegation out of the National League a high possibility under those circumstances. Is that a gamble a sensible businessman would take?? Being a businessman myself and taken a few risks in my time it's not one I would take considering the current free fall the club is in.

What is the FFP rules of the National League? Can you invest vast amount of money??
    Salford did....

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Salford did....
    Yep No FFP in the national league. If that was in place Flyde, Harrogate etc would not be competing on their tiny crowds and massive wage bills. I bet FFP comes into place in the next few years though so we better get our skates on.

A points deduction would see us relegated, I reckon. We'd maybe survive it if we had a decent pre-season to prepare, but admin would mean no recruitment until August at the earliest, after the season has started. So we'd be starting the season with virtually no defence and a bunch of untested youth players filling the ranks.

No way we'd survive that.

Plus, it's a risky plan by the SAs if it is true. Anyone can buy the club if it goes into admin, and I think Scoop mentioned that there are several parties waiting in the wings in case it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    A points deduction would see us relegated, I reckon. We'd maybe survive it if we had a decent pre-season to prepare, but admin would mean no recruitment until August at the earliest, after the season has started. So we'd be starting the season with virtually no defence and a bunch of untested youth players filling the ranks.

No way we'd survive that.

Plus, it's a risky plan by the SAs if it is true. Anyone can buy the club if it goes into admin, and I think Scoop mentioned that there are several parties waiting in the wings in case it does happen.
    Agreed. Orient finished their first season in the National League on 60 points. A 12 point deduction would have seen them survive on goal difference only. We might not be so lucky.

This is utter tripe.

If we went into admin the administrators job is to secure the best deal for creditors not the best future for the club.

Therefore best offer wins.

Hate to state it but; is any buyer at all (Smurf) better than none,?
    Still regard hardy as despicable. Always will.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast