+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lampard talking to Chelsea!

Lampard talking to Chelsea!

Reports saying that Lampard is having talks with Chelsea. Make of it what you will!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Reports saying that Lampard is having talks with Chelsea. Make of it what you will!
    MoP just guess work by the Mirror group i think According to them he's already held talks Well they can't even talk to him without Derbys permission. It's not in the DT so doubt it's true He's pictured outside Stamford Bridge but that means nothing He lives down there and knows a lot of people at the ground .Plus you don't have talks about being a manager without your agent and advisors with you
    Last edited by mistaram; 11-06-2019 at 07:08 PM.

He was spotted having lunch with Drogba 2 miles away from Stamford Bridge.

.... and he and Drogba are old mates so them lunching together isn't a surprise. It is also no surprise that the Mirror sees that and makes the quantum leap to "having talks".

The more I think about it, the less likely his going to the Bridge just yet becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    .... and he and Drogba are old mates so them lunching together isn't a surprise. It is also no surprise that the Mirror sees that and makes the quantum leap to "having talks".

The more I think about it, the less likely his going to the Bridge just yet becomes.
    Exactly right MA. Two mates having lunch together probably also having a laugh about what the tabloids are going to make of it...Lampard to Chelsea or Drogba to Derby...ha, ha.

More seriously...presume Morris knows what Lampard’s plans are. Transfer dealings in general seem to be happening very slowly this time around but it would be comforting to be able to believe that the rumours are just ‘paper talk’ and that Morris and Lampard have already talked and have a list of genuine outgoings and targets. We’ve been told many times that it is important to start transfer dealings as early as possible. Seems very little evidence of it from any one so far.

Ah but could we fit Drogba into the same line up as Mason Bennett?

He could also be down there enquiring about a Tomori and Mount or other players on loan again for next season
    I was down there last weekend , I wonder if I’ve been linked with the job by any of the tabloids yet
    I’m available

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    He could also be down there enquiring about a Tomori and Mount or other players on loan again for next season
    I was down there last weekend , I wonder if I’ve been linked with the job by any of the tabloids yet
    I’m available
    Love you to be right about Tomori and Mount, lewyman. I’d take Tomori anytime and an older and - above all - stronger Mount would be more than useful too. Sadly I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Exactly right MA. Two mates having lunch together probably also having a laugh about what the tabloids are going to make of it...Lampard to Chelsea or Drogba to Derby...ha, ha.

More seriously...presume Morris knows what Lampard’s plans are. Transfer dealings in general seem to be happening very slowly this time around but it would be comforting to be able to believe that the rumours are just ‘paper talk’ and that Morris and Lampard have already talked and have a list of genuine outgoings and targets. We’ve been told many times that it is important to start transfer dealings as early as possible. Seems very little evidence of it from any one so far.
    He should do, they had a lengthy meeting on that very subject 2 days after the Wembley defeat so I also believe that Frank knows the financial constraints too.

In general, there is very little info on anything going on at Pride Park coming out these days. That is, IMO, a good thing. Won't stop the "newspapers" speculating though.

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    I’m available
    It's in the Sun this morning Lewyman accepts the vacant managers job at Hull City in a five year contract

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)